Re: Sooo Sorry i can hardly stay awake lately......Helen C.

Mon Nov 12 06:44:42 2001

Sweet Helen,

Welcome to my world, NOT! My doctor described fibromyalgia as chronic fatigue with pain added in just for the hell of it! Yes, it disrupts your sleep pattern, something to do with the body's signals getting all mixed up.

Of course you're depressed, who wouldn't be? Depression also causes some people to sleep more.....yep, that's me, too.

My best sleep regulator is my hubby......makes sure I go to sleep same time each night (even if I do get up every 15 minutes and then go back and try again.....don't lay there if you're not sleeping...do the above, your body eventually gets the idea). He also gets me up the same time every morning. Now, if he could only be here during the daytime to stop me from napping too much!

I try reading and typing up my poetry to stay awake during the day. But when I have to take pain meds, I don't always make it.

My best advice is....DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP FOR SLEEPING! I'm not a doctor or a therapist, but guilt just leads to more depression, more sleep, more avoidance, yep that nasty endless circle.

Let us know how you are doing......we care about you, sweetie!

Love ya!

--
kcmo ro(se)
ICQ #131145100
If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it
poorly.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: