Re: morphine question

Wed Nov 14 08:13:43 2001

-1982 age 4 ruptured appendix w/ sever peritonitis 32 days hospital stay with two surgeries. -1985 age 7 removal of adhesions from surgery in 1982. 9 days in hospital -from the age of 8 when the pain started again I was told it wa all in my head until after countless ER visits I found a doctor that cared finally when I was 21 years old. He wanted to know where the pain was coming from. -August 1999 two laproscopic surgeries were performed. First was to see what the problem was and the second was to remove the problem which was of course adhesions. -October 1999 is was discovered that the last surgery didn't exactly get all the adhesions since I had a large amount of it closing off my small intestine. After 14 days in the hospital and that surgery I was sent home to recover only to return within 24 hours. There was too much manipulation of my organs during surgery which caused pancreatitis. Back in the hospital for a total of 32 days. When sent home I was on home TPN for three weeks since I didn't eat for six weeks. I lost 35 pounds and I only weighed 138 when I was first hospitalized. Sick for a total of 3 months. -March 2001 an infection that dated back to my surgery in 1982 in my right fallopian tube began to worsen and my right tube was removed from too much damage. -October 2001 Same surgey exactly two years later. Adhesions closed off my small intestine again. Hospitalization for 11 days. Still recovering and it's been 5 weeks on monday. Well, that's me in a nut shell. I actually shouldn't say things like that because it really isn't me. It's just the adhesions. I'm just so scared sll the time because I can't take vacations since I don't have any vacation time saved up. I'm single and I live alone and with this always happening I am always in financial problems trying to pay bills without any income until I return to work. I am so tired of this lifestyle. I understand I'm not alone in this feeling which is comforting in it's own little way. This is also something that my psycologist and I are working on. I have never been a depressed person, but this last surgery has just sent me over the edge. The scariest part is that I actually thought of hurting myself even though I won't because I'm too much fo a sissy. Just the thought that it ran through my head bothers me. I so badly want to go visit my boyfriend in Brazil where he lives and I can't do that now because of my surgery. My problems also make him extremely sad too. He is really great with me when I'm sick. I just don't like to see him crying when he's sitting beside the bed holding my hand. I'm just tired I guess. 23 and tired. B

At Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Karla wrote: >
>B,
>
>I appreciate you answers....but I have one question for you. Why are you
>going thru all of these surgeries? PLEASE read my story on the quilt!! I
>don't want anyone to end up where I am and you are way too young to be going
>through this.
>
>--
>Karla N.
>

Enter keywords: