Re: member

Thu Nov 15 23:09:55 2001

Did you just have your gallbladder removed? Or did they do other stuff as well.. Did they look around at least to know exactly what is going on internally. Your adhesions are doing what had done. I suffer with horrendous back,hip pain as well as the pelvic,bladder and bowel for lower 1/2.. Since having so much removed it had to take the adhesions little while to travel to a new area and on the spine is one the ways they decided to travel. Its a confusing area for the doctors because the back,hip pain is not something of its own, its the adhesions and pelvic area causing all the problems. I do have budging disc but the amount of pain I am in with my back and hips are intense they have ran several ct's x-rays ect, the bones themselves are fine other than some curvature that has gotten worse but due to the way I am walking now, I walk guarded all the time. They did a procedure where they were injecting dye and deaden the nerves temporarily, this was the pre test to see if I could go in for the surgery to have nerves in the abdomen cut completely. But I actually failed, I still had other areas of pain on the outer side of the abdomen and the nerve procedures was to block mid line down the abdomen pelvis. So the other areas would still be in the same pain state, and when the doctor tried to go in the very first time he could not even inject the dye there was a wall of adhesions the dye just pooled in one spot. So he tried for awhile to get it go through causing great pain. So they closed up and I had to make another appt for this procedure to be done again. Next time he was able to get the liquid to semi move around, but he said looking from just these x-rays and watching the dye, there is so much scar tissue in there and no doubt it will just keep growing and move on to new areas. Hugs and hope you start feeling better soon Kimmi

> ----- Original Message -----
From: janet7k@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 5:39 PM Subject: Re: member

Dear Kimmi,

I understand very much, I have been on both sides. And after so much talk about Dr. Reich and how I might have this pain lifted, I decided to have this surgery. I waited bedridden for 3 months for this surgery, flew from Denver to PA. My pain returned 9 weeks later and is now worse than ever. I do not regret the surgery, I was very sick and I needed to have my gall bladder removed as well. In the condition I was in I had to have surgery and I still believe I chose the best.

I have experimented a lot with alternative therapies, just like with my diet somethings make it better and some make it worse.

I found out a couple weeks ago after going to a chiropractor that my adhesions are pulling so much on my right side that my vertabrae are tweaked. I started going for adjustements and I just can't continue,it is too much, so I will just let my back spin. I don't do well with massage therapy or too much stretching on my abdomen and right hip, but I do do well with massage therapy with my back, limbs and neck. I am also having acupuncture which helps too. So far only Oxycontin helps manage the pain, but the rest make me feel good on the inside and that is important.

Endorphins are our natural pain killers. Just 20-30 min of cardio a few times a week can help fight the pain and depression. Yoga helps with the mind-body connection and with stress. Meditation is another thing we can do to that has very positive effects. Soaking it hot baths, moist heat packs, cuddling kitties...

I understand being tired of fighting and the feeling of not being able to endure.

We are so conditioned in our society to fix things, especially when we know exactly what is wrong. But it can become a bit like hitting our heads against a brick wall. I have been on this board fo almost a year and have witnessed the cycle of surgery and returning pain so many times it makes me cry.

I hope that we will all help eachother find other ways of coping and staying positive.

Love,

Janet

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: