To Kim, and all the other Newbies

Fri Nov 16 00:30:32 2001

Hi Kim!

Firstly, let me welcome you to the board, and anyone else I have missed this week!  I usually answer just about every email, but between work, kids & pain the last two weeks or so, the email got away from me.

I work from home, so I am fortunate there, my father-in-law (bless his heart & cotton sox!) made me a great little table for when I am in bed, my whole lower abdominal area is just a mass of adhesions, and since surgery in April to remove my ovaries, I haven't been able to sit in an upright position for more that an hour or so, which means lots of comfy pillows & that half sitting up, half laying down kinda thing happening.  (I talk like I write by the way....fast with drawing few breaths....hehehehe)  So I do a lot of work in bed on my laptop, usually balanced on a pillow, but with summer coming on, it was starting to get a little warm with the added help from my "furnace"LOL .  So now I have this neat table that sits over my lap, is angled towards me just slightly so that it is easy to use the key board, and I have space on either side for all my work!   My daughters keep eyeing it off....my eldest thinks it would be very handy to do her homework in bed...I said NOT a chance!  this is MINE!!  LOL  So that is my latest comprimise to this bloody aweful body I now have.

Sally is another one who works from her bed at times, she runs an Inn, so has walkie talkies, cordless phones etc, so she can direct her staff from the bed.  We are such resourceful people aren't we?  It is amazing to hear how each of us learns to comprimise & come up with ways to try and lead as normal a life as possible.  My girls all have journals, and they write little notes to me, draw pictures that sort of thing, and then leave them on my bedside table.  I read through them, and answer back with my own little note or picture, another comprimise to try & keep up with what they are all doing.

Have you put your story on the quilt yet?  It is a really useful tool, to help others who come across this site to understand what we have been, and are going through, hopefully along the way we will stop someone from following the same fatal footsteps that we have.  I read the post from Karen I think quite soon after it was posted & jumped straight into answering it!  I couldn't believe what I was hearing...I see that it is still a very topical subject on the board.

I am writing just this one post today, because I have been sitting at the main computer all afternoon, scanning & doing artwork design for one of my clients newsletters, so pain is getting to the o oh stage.....

So to all my mates on the board, hope you have a great weekend, I will be painting the house with Shane if I can get this pain under control, and to Kim, and all the new members....welcome.  We are a pretty friendly bunch & all moods are acceptable, we all need somewhere to vent, scream, yell, whinge, whine, cry, laugh, tell a joke, and there is always loads of understanding, love & hugs to go around!

If you want to know a little more about me, my story & photo on the quilt, thankfully I found this site early enough to stop the spiral of surgery after surgery, while my last one certainly removed some VERY bad areas of pain, I have been left with a load of new ones to take their place.

Well, Shane as just put a glass of wine in my hand....I LOVE Friday nights!  hehehe so I will say ta ta for now.....

Love & warm gentle hugs

Jo (Australia)

>From: "Kimmi&Dave"
>Reply-To: adhesions@adhesions.org
>To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
>Subject: Re: Well an Update! I think i need yet another surgery and soo depressed!
>Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 00:15:13 -0600
>
>Jo,
>Oh my I agree with the HRT, in the 5 years I have been on them, I don't think they have gotten my levels right. I always have the hot flashes, mood swings,night cold sweats not fun. I have tried changing meds around am on the patch right now, but again I am not too happy with this one. It seems to give you a large dose of estrogen when you put the new patch on then fades down, so when u get down to where you are finally stable its time to put a new patch on..lol go figure huh..
>Hugs
>Kim >
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Jo Eslick
> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
> Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 7:32 PM
> Subject: Re: Well an Update! I think i need yet another surgery and soo depressed!
>
> Dear Colette
>
> Don't apologise for not getting back to me.....I have had so many emails this week, I read them & then just delted without answering them! I have even missed welcoming a few of the new people....we all have our ups & downs....and stress over money is usually lurking there somewhere for most of us.
>
> It's so hard when you haven't got a doctor who cares enough about your pain, discomfort etc.....even my understanding Doc is getting a little toey about pain meds.....I do have days where I manage to be free of pain meds, but those are days when I am practically a lounge lizard.... doing very little at all .... maybe watching a video with the kids, or reading a good book.....
>
> All we can do is take one day at a time, and pray that some how we will get what we need.
> Stress, worry, money it all adds up to extra pain.... ((((Colette)))) I am glad that surgery is a last resort.... this HRT is no easy thing to get used to, and with summer coming on fast for me...I'm not looking forward to it with my own little private furnace switching on when it's not needed!
>
> I hope you get the help you need with the rent etc...take care kiddo...
>
> love & gentle warm hugs
>
> Jo
>
> >From: Luckylady379@aol.com (Colette )
> >Reply-To: adhesions@adhesions.org
> >To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
> >Subject: Re: Well an Update! I think i need yet another surgery and soo depressed!
> >Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 07:48:37 -0600
> >
> >Hi JO<
> >Well i'm really thinking everything through and right now surgery is not
> >an option i'm so tired of it! Right now my life is in such a mess my
> >hubby has'nt gottten paid for a month were behind on our rent, today i'm
> >going to call some places to see if i can get help in that area! Besides
> >the chronic pain and mental, i'm constantly tired 24/7 headachs achy
> >every joint hurts, this is just awful, i still am on MOM for bm
> >movements and i told my dr he really did'nt seem to care! I think
> >because its saline, but all ion all i'm addicted to it! I'm looking into
> >alternatives for now for my endo and its either going to be depo-provera
> >shot or syneral(its a nose spray that u use 2 times a day we need to
> >suppress the estrogen i produce! I know that with the spray i can only
> >be on it for 6 months depo there is no time limit! Surgery is going to
> >be a last resort and a desperate one! Thank you for being concerned and
> >sorry i have'nt post sooner there is so much going on right now!
> > Love
> > Colette
> > >
> > >Oh Colette! My sweets!!!
> > >Be careful, oh take it ever so slowly....I had my ovaries out in April, & it is hell! I can't get my hormones to a level that is comfortable...it got rid of some of the pains, but I just got new ones to replace them, & I am doing less now than I was before surgery....oh please be careful....
> > >
> > >Loves ya...take care
> > >Jo
> > >
> >
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: