Re: Just diagnosed, rather confused!

Fri Nov 16 17:54:20 2001

Dear Rachel:

It is not common for someone who has never had surgery or injury to the pelvic area to have adhesions, but there are certainly other reasons why you might have developed mild adhesions. Sometimes young girls get inflammatory conditions of the pelvic area that may not ever present with actual symptoms but can cause enough irritation to create soft adhesive scarring. I have seen patients who have had nothing more severe than yeast infections who later develope scar tissue and certainly there are many other gynelogical occurances that can cause adhesions as well. I suggest you discuss these with an OB/GYN that you trust and that you feel will take time and be thorough. Be thankful that you don't have endometriosis. I know the pain is frustrating. My 20 year old daughter has mild endometriosis and is experiencing pain severe enough to require strong pain medication. In any case, because you are so young and your reproductive organs need to be protected and cared for meticulously until you have had your children, you should consider seeking as many opinions as you feel are necessary until you are confident that nothing has been overlooked.

Good luck and please keep us informed. If you'd like to discuss this with me off the Board, please feel free to contact me at gingin99@home.com

Hugs

ginny

t Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Rachel P wrote: >
>Hello everyone,
>
>I am a bit confused. On wednesday I had a diagnostic laparoscopy to
>check for Endometriosis. I havnt had the proper results as I wont get
>to see my consultant untill January, but the nurse who was there when I
>woke up told me they had found NO endo, but had found 'Scanty
>Adhesions'. I dont understand though, how i have developed Adhesions,
>if I do not have Endo. I have never had any previous surgery anywere,
>and have never had any injuries to my abdominal area.
>I am 19 years old.
>
>Could the Adhesions be responsible for the feeling I often get
>(especially after eating) when it feels like my insides are being
>dragged around, I get somach cramps, and feel weak, very nauseous and
>shaky? I also get sharp stabbing pains in one area of my abdomen, and
>other pains which seem like Endo symptoms.
>
>Any info would be great, thankyou.
>Take care,
>Rachel.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: