Re: Kimmi- meds for hiatal hernia & ulcer

Mon Nov 26 13:57:36 2001

Jean,

You are on prilosec right? I remember seeing some commercials lately for a new med that I believe is made by the same company as prilosec only I believe it is something stronger. You may want to check this out.

--
Karla

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Jean Long" <creative@enter.net> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 1:04 PM Subject: Re: Kimmi- meds for hiatal hernia & ulcer

> Kimmi, > Thanks for the info. on the Tigan for nausea. I will keep it in mind to add > to my list of ones for my doctor to try on me. > > I don't remember if they ever tried me on Reglan. > He tried me on Prevacid, Zantac and Tagament. > There also was another one that cam out about the same time as Prilosec & > Prevacid but I don't remember the name of it, would if I hear it. > JEAN > > "Birthdays are good for you: the more you have the longer you live" > > -----Original Message----- > From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf > Of Kimmi&Dave > Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2001 2:18 AM > To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS > Subject: Re: Kimmi- meds for hiatal hernia & ulcer > > Jean, > The doctor tried me on 3 nausea meds before I found one that worked and > that's Tigan.. It suppose to be one of the strongest ones.. If you are still > vomiting you might want to ask about that one. compazine didn't work on me > either and when I went and told him that's when they switched me. > > I use the reglan for the hiatial hernia,ulcer and gerd. They throw in other > things from time to time when they flair up. along with the pancreatitis, > but seems once they get it all settled down it flares back up real bad again > which is what is doing now. > I have so many painful hard balls in my Upper abdomen that I have to ask > what they are, they pulsate very strong too. > I take the hormone patch too, the pills never seemed to adjust my hormones > right. The patch works alright not great still have menopause effects guess > can't get rid of those completely.. > Hugs > Kimmi

>> ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Jean Long" <creative@enter.net> > To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" > <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> > Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2001 1:25 AM > Subject: Kimmi- meds for hiatal hernia & ulcer > > > Kimmi, > > I forgot to mention that the doctor gave me compazine and it doesn't help > me > > either. > > My daughter-in-law just gave me Meclizine to try but I haven't tried it > yet. > > > > They have me on Prilosec for the ulcer & hiatal hernia. They tried others > > and they made me much worse instead of better......I am definitely a > problem > > case! > > That is also why I wear a hormone patch and not pills! > > > > JEAN > > > > "Birthdays are good for you: the more you have the longer you live" > > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf > > Of Kimmi&Dave > > Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2001 12:33 AM > > To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS > > Subject: Re: Sally- colonoscopies > > > > I am due for another endoscopy. I have hiatial hernia,ulcers,gerd, and > > pancreatitis.. What was their reasoning about not being able to take pain > > meds? > > I have take em and have been for years. I cannot take anti inflammatory > > drugs either that one will mess up my stomach bad, and I do have to watch > > certain drugs that make it flair up.. > > I take liquid reglan what medications do they have you for the upper GI > > problems... The liquid regulan is 5 times stronger than the pills but it > is > > sooooo nasty to get down but gotta do, its also fast acting since pills > take > > so long. > > I also use nausea medications to keep the vomiting and nausea down.. well > > vomiting gets stopped on the meds, but the nausea likes to sneak back up > > .hugs hon > > Kimmi

>> > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: "Jean Long" <creative@enter.net> > > To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" > > <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> > > Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2001 9:08 PM > > Subject: Sally- colonoscopies > > > > > Thanks for the good news Sally. > > > If I don't soon get help for my other problems soon I may have to check > > into > > > the Colonoscopy or Endoscopy to check out my hiatal hernia and other > > stomach > > > problems to see why I can't take any pain meds or anti-inflammatory > pills. > > > I sure hope they also do the Endoscopy the new way, wasn't painful but > > very > > > uncomfortable years ago. > > > > > > I can't keep doing this pain thing cold turkey. It is destroying me as a > > > person and doesn't allow me to have a life of any kind other than my > > > computer which has also gotten hard now because now sitting also hurts. > > > I go to the hip & back surgeon's office on Dec. 3rd and I sure hope they > > > have figured things out and can finally help me! > > > If not, they need to fix my hiatal hernia & ulcer if they can so that > > maybe > > > I can at least take pain pills (if that is the cause). I haven't > concerned > > > myself with these since my other problems are more important right now > and > > > can't have everything operated on! > > > > > > I go for another Doppler test on the 5th and I sure hope the calcified > > > artery hasn't gotten any worse....I CAN'T lose my leg, couldn't handle > > that > > > at all! > > > > > > Maybe you had Versed for your Colonoscopies which is an amnesia drug. > > > I had it for my epidural injections and didn't remember anything at all > > > although they say your are really awake?! > > > > > > I had a central line (Picc Line) in the underside of my upper arm and > > going > > > through my chest to my heart for my 6 weeks of antibiotics after my hip > > > surgeries last year. > > > JEAN > > > > > > "Birthdays are good for you: the more you have the longer you live" > > > > > > -----Original Message----- > > > From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf > > > Of Sally Grigg > > > Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2001 7:29 PM > > > To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS > > > Subject: colonoscopies/Jean from Sally > > > > > > Dear Jean, I'm happy to be able to give good news. I've had several > > > colonoscopies in the last few years and didn't feel a thing. I was told > > > I was sedated, but I don't even rermember that or anything. I wasn't > > > groggy afterwards either. So I think that things have changed and most > > > people can schedule one without fear of pain. Love, Sally > > > > > > > > > > > > > to the unsubscribe form at

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm > > > > > > to the unsubscribe form at

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm > > >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: