Woman Drs

Wed Nov 28 07:51:10 2001

Helen, I agree its more compassion than male or female. But overall in my experience I have found male doctors(some of them) to be more compassionate than the woman doctors I have seen. I think they look at it since so many of the problems were GYN in the beginning that if they can handle it why can't you..ughh.. I had one Rhuematologist female doctor wanted to smack her upside the head.. My mother in law came in with me this time she is a respiratory nurse and quite out spoken woman so figured she might be able to help me talk since my speaking and memory problems are so bad now. Well first comment was you are way too much pain medication, she knew nothing of all my abdominal or other non related to her area problems.. I was seeking her out for Fibro, and arthritic pain. I could barely walk or move around very well because of the pain in my joints,bones and muscles and her first response was more exercise and Motrin. She commented that she had arthritis and is at her job everyday. My MIL exploded at her, god love her. Finally we realized she was not going to be helpful at all, let her babble her nonsense and we left. I have yet to find a woman doctor who has had compassion. I find that they are hard a**es because they work so hard in the mans world to get there that they forget that compassionate side.. Hugs hon Kimmi

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Hchalm@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 3:14 AM Subject: Re: A new use for dental floss...

Women Doc's, no, there are some that are no more understanding than a man. Mine was a woman who did the hysterectomy on me, and I know this GYN knew of adhesions, but would not mention the word to me. She treated me as I was a baby, that I couldn't handle the pain of a hysterectomy. Told me to take two advil and deal with pain and if that didn't help take two more. I swear she snickered everytime a test came back negative. I know these GYN"s know it's adhesions, I know it, and they just sit there and look you right in the face and tell you that the tests show that there is absolutely nothing wrong with you. I would call her office crying hysterically, telling her nurse that I couldn't stand the pain and she wouldn't even call me back until late that night and just say well come in tomorrow and we'll have another look; she wouldn't even offer me anything for pain until I would h! and the phone to my husband and he would say, there better not be anything wrong with her, I'm telling you, there better not be anything wrong or you are going to pay, and then she would say, well does she need anything for pain? This was only two weeks after my hysterectomy and she was already denying me pain medication. I called my old GYN who was a male who delivered my children and told him what I was experiencing and he said I will not see you as you are under her care, but I will help you with the pain. Come to my office and I'll have a script at the front desk for pain medication, but I won't see you. He did help me, he had compassion (I hadn't seen the man in 10 years, but he wrote me a prescription as he couldn't stand the thought of me suffering). So I don't think it matters if it's a male or a female, it depends on if they have compassion or not. He did later agree to see me, but he also never mentioned the word adhesions.! When I finally got my medicals from him, his first note in my file was probable cause adhesions. Gosh, why such a secret? It would have caus ed me so much less suffering to know the possibility of what I had that was tearing my insides apart. I thought I was crazy, insane, thought it was in my head, thought I was a baby, that perhaps all hysterectomy patients feel this kind of pain and I just couldn't handle it. Ha, what a joke, oh yes, thousands of stitches being pulled on by massive adhesions, nah, no pain; bowel hanging off my abdominal wall, nah, no pain. Let me see, women doc's, what could we do to make them feel that kind of pain, hmmmm good question. I'm not even going to go there.

Love,

Hell-yun

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: