To Lynn Creacy from Sally Grigg

Wed Nov 28 15:15:59 2001

Dear Lynn, I am so happy you have found the adhesion site, welcome. Please look up the site at http://www.adhesions.org for lots of great information and help. The emails from Helen Dynda are especially helpful.

One thing that we have all realized here on the board is that the more operations you have for adhesions, sometimes the more adhesions you get. Of course, people do need operations, and as you know laproscopic ones are better for us that a full, big cut. But in general unless you have an obstruction of the bowel or the organs are being functionally impaired (and that's hard to determine) as you know operation after operation can really cause you problems.

I'm sorry for preaching at you. I don't mean to. As far as pain meds go, there is a lot of evidence that if you are taking them for real pain, your body does not get as adddicted as a street person who takes them for a false "high". And as we all know, they don't make you high. I don't worry about pure opiates, but I do worry about all of the other drugs doctors push at people. I like to look them up and read everything. A build up of tylenal in your liver and kidneys is very bad for you.

I'm sorry about your grandchild, though, please count your blessings. I never had any children of my own because of PID and adhesions. I raised my step-son, but it was not the same, because his "real" mother wouldn't let him call me Mom and undermined me every step of the way. But he turned out pretty good, even though he had brain cancer and that was hard. So look on the bright side. You have him. He lives. He loves you and you love him.

Take care and write back. Love, Sally

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: