To Hell-yun from Lin

Fri Nov 30 12:29:18 2001

Thanks Hell-yun for the up lifting me! You're right, I shouldn't worry about all that at this point. I'll just have to deal with problems as they arise - and not make mountains out of molehills!

You know, I tried anti-depressants also for when I was so terribly depressed. My P.S. had me on Nortriptyline - but that made me feel very suicidal and very dopey.

I also tried Nozinan - they were using it to treat my depression and to help with the chronic pain - it was also supposed to help with nausea - I was on 75 mg a day. It turned me into a zombie. I no longer talked to people. Slept for 22 hours a day. Later when I got sick of all that sleeping I started to reduce it slowly - only to discover that 1/2 a tablet was enough to put me to sleep for 24 hours - and I was taking 3 of them at one stage! So now I totally refuse to take it - and as far as my nausea was concerned it made no difference.

I tried prozac and some other anti-depressants - but I didn't feel any difference.

I have tried so many different medications to try to see if they would make any difference - or at least even slightly improve the situation - only to have to deal with the side-effects. It got to a point that was ridiculous. I'd get hospitalised - then when I'd be sent home we'd arrive at home with a grocery bag full of meds. Then I'd get other symptoms which were making my life miserable - so the doctors would admit that I was suffering from side effects, so they'd give me more meds to treat the side effects. Then the meds I was taking to treat the side effects also started causing side effects - so I ended up with even more medication to treat those side effects - and so on - until I was taking so much medication that I got totally confused - and it didn't even fit into my bathroom cabinet!

After that I started to question doctors about things like side-effects and how one medication can interact with another. What frustrates me however is that mostly the doctors try to down play things - they try their very best to avoid answering my questions, and simply dismiss my concerns. Fortunately my GP, Dr Robertson, is very good - he explains to me what side effects I could expect with a certain medication - and he leaves it up to John and me whether or not I take it. He also takes his time to listen to me (last Tuesday I was with him for about an hour!)

Well, that's it for this morning,

Greetings and hugs,

Lin

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: