Re: Dolores & Helen D.

Fri Nov 30 20:36:15 2001

Helen, You know actually its common for many people who are placed on anti depressants to have the opposite effect and cause people to have insomnia. Prozac is a known one to do this because the drug is suppose to get you up and moving again, since the depression part keeps you feeling down and not want to do anything, so it reacts like one big ball of speed. I couldn't take it because I felt like my body was about explode I was so wired out on this drug, and I definitely don't need something that is going to cause me to stay awake all nite. I am one of those people that benadryl causes me to get hyper, where most people can use it as a sleep aid. I use Ambien for sleep and the majority of the time it doesn't knock me out. So now I use ambien plus otc sleep aids, I am sure my doctor would spaz on that one. Almost all my drugs say will cause drowsiness and none of them do. If I get 4 hours of sleep a day I am doing good. But at the same time I am wired but in too much pain to do anything. I definitely know what you mean when you read through the symptoms that go with Fibro. I kept going yup that's me that's me. When the dr dxed me I went 18 for 18 on the tender points. He said before he even checked them, that he was almost positive it was Fibro. At the time I barely knew anything about Fibro. I am really hoping one day they come up with some real treatments for Fibro, I really don't think it will be too long they have come along way already in figuring many things out about it. Now the biggest one Cure it or treat it, not just hit and miss with a bunch of treatments..Good luck hugs Hon Kimmi

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Hchalm@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 8:51 AM Subject: Re: Dolores & Helen D.

Dolores & Helen D:

Thanks for forwarding the information regarding Fibro and Chronic Fatigue; boy I can just go down the list and check them off one by one. I never, ever thought that having adhesions, the trauma, would, could lead into other diseases as these, which are quite debilitating themselves. I have an appointment with my PS coming up and will discuss what other options I have. They keep trying to get me on an antidepressant but no matter how I try my body cannot get used to them. It's like giving me a sleeping pill (which they prescribed after my asking) I stayed awake all night. I tried them twice now and won't again. Actually a valium is enough to relax me and put me to sleep (sometimes) so I'll stick to them. Seems when I take an antidepressant I also stay awake all night even if I take them in the morning.

Love,

Hell-hun

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: