Re: I just got another constructive criticism! HA!

Tue Dec 4 07:46:19 2001

Lin,

You go, girlfriend! That's the way to handle it!!!!! Rose

At Tue, 4 Dec 2001, J&L VERMEY wrote: >
>Hey, it's me,
>
>My sister just rang. That was ok, it was nice that she took the time to give me a call - and I told her that I appreciated her taking the time out in her busy day.
>
>But she told me she is concerned about the fact that I am looking up all those things I am on the internet, she thinks it is not good to dwell on my illness! She doesn't want me getting any funny ideas! And that I need to concentrate on other things besides my illness. She doesn't think it's healthy what I'm doing and I shouldn't dwell tom much on the fact that I am ill!
>
>It's pretty obvious to me that they (my family) have no idea just how much my illness and my pain effects my life!
>
>I explained to her that I felt it was important that I educate myself on my illness, that I was simply unwilling to continue leaving my welfare up to my doctors she still seems to believe that the doctor is always right - and that I should do what they tell me to - explicitly - and without questioning it! I told her that in my doctors opinion I would probably be lucky to survive until I was 35 years old and that I'm 31 years old now, so that would give me only another 4 years! AM I SUPPOSED TO JUST LIE BACK AND ACCEPT THAT KIND OF BULL SHIT? NO WAY!!!! I REFUSE TO DO IT! I've got far too much to live for! I'm not ready to go yet, nor am I willing to leave John to cope on his own.
>
>I don't want to miss out on anything - not when I've already missed out on so much! And I want to make the most of my life!
>
>Right! That's done it - that's put the FIGHT back into me! (I guess I can thank my sister for that!)
>
>I will continue to go on the net to do my research - to find out all I can so that I can learn how to improve my quality of life, and make my life a little easier.
>
>And I've also decided that if I am in the family way - that I will not tell my family straight away - I'll wait at least until I'm 1/3 of the way along - that way I wont have to deal with anymore unwanted comments. And if later they get upset - I will tell them plainly - SORRY, BUT IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, IT IS MY AND JOHN'S BUSINESS!
>
>Right! I feel SO MUCH BETTER!
>
>God bless little sisters!
>
>Love,
>
>Lin

--
kcmo ro(se)
ICQ #131145100
If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it