New diagnosis

Tue Dec 4 13:25:39 2001

I am so sad to see how awful some of you have been treated. As a nurse in a very busy ER, I am lucky that my staff have believed me when I was in pain. I was treated very well, and way over medicated (so I would be comfortable). But in doing research I am a little scared with my new diagnosis of adhesions. I have had 1 laparascopy and 2 surgeries in two years r/t these adhesions. I am now trying to educate my self better for the future. If I have to have surgery again I want to be armed with up to date ways to prevent or assist in the on going process of these dastardly adhesions. I have been very depressed about the occurances and the pain I have endured, along with the stigma I am sure we all feel when we finally revert to the doctor's office...and you feel like they think your drug seeking...because nothing is seen on CT, UTZ or MRI. I am so excited to see that I now can find an area to go to where others are suffering the same things I am, and now the depression can be less.

My question however is...now that I have had my uterus and ovaries removed, I have pain at the bladder, so I am wondering if now the adhesions are attacking that area? Has anyone had any problems with adhesions on the bladder and what have they done to relieve the pain? I am taking an anti-spasm medication, but it has done no good.

Sincerely Karen

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: