Re: New diagnosis

Wed Dec 5 13:00:34 2001

Karen, Yes, to your question, I have been having problems with my adhesions, they are attached to my bladder, urethra tube and wrapped around my colon. The colon is small in several areas due to the hold from the adhesions but so far no obstruction. I had my first flare up with the bladder in June and second flare up last week. I'm 5'9 and weigh 135 pounds. But at times my stomach is swollen and I have the pressure of needing to go to the restroom, when I don't. I'm on Macrobid for the infection I keep getting. But with the wonderful education I've been getting from the board, I'm trying to hold off until I can have the intergel done when I can no longer put off surgery. I've had two surgeries. I refused the Doctor with anymore surgeries unless its life threatening. I have other complications anyway with something else. Surgery is not an option unless I have a better chance of not getting the adhesions back. I'm constant in pain, but only at times it can be unbearable. I work full time, even 50 hours at times, and I have two great kids and a wonderful husband. So as anyone on this board knows, with pain, it's even harder for us. With Fibromyalgia also, it just takes more out of you. But the good lord is with us all. I've only replied back on this board once before. I usually just read and pray for the ones in need. This board is a wonderful education to me and others in the same boat.

But, back to your problem, the anit-spasm medication did nothing for me either. I take Mobic for adhesions pain, I've tried everything else. I'm also allergic to a lot of medications others on this board take. So I have to be very careful. I've had to many close calls!!

Good luck, I'm not much help, but as things proceed with me, I'll let you know if anything new comes up that can help you. Let me hear from you, if you find out anything that maybe I can use.

P.S. I also have had my uterus and both ovaries removed, the uterus when I was 30 and the ovaries when I was 32. That's is why I have the adhesions!!!

Dianna

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Karen" <OHMomrn@aol.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesio ns@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 2:40 PM Subject: New diagnosis

> I am so sad to see how awful some of you have been treated. As a nurse
> in a very busy ER, I am lucky that my staff have believed me when I was
> in pain. I was treated very well, and way over medicated (so I would be
> comfortable). But in doing research I am a little scared with my new
> diagnosis of adhesions. I have had 1 laparascopy and 2 surgeries in two
> years r/t these adhesions. I am now trying to educate my self better
> for the future. If I have to have surgery again I want to be armed with
> up to date ways to prevent or assist in the on going process of these
> dastardly adhesions. I have been very depressed about the occurances
> and the pain I have endured, along with the stigma I am sure we all feel
> when we finally revert to the doctor's office...and you feel like they
> think your drug seeking...because nothing is seen on CT, UTZ or MRI. I
> am so excited to see that I now can find an area to go to where others
> are suffering the same things I am, and now the depression can be less.
>
> My question however is...now that I have had my uterus and ovaries
> removed, I have pain at the bladder, so I am wondering if now the
> adhesions are attacking that area? Has anyone had any problems with
> adhesions on the bladder and what have they done to relieve the pain? I
> am taking an anti-spasm medication, but it has done no good.
>
> Sincerely Karen
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: