Re: New Virus Warning

Wed Dec 5 10:19:30 2001

Karla, The virus just came out yesterday or the day before so as long as you updated your virus definitions yesterday or today you should be ok. Make sure Norton is set to scan "all files and folders" or it won't scan everything.

If you want to check to make sure you have the virus definition downloaded from Norton and are protected from it do this: 1. Open Norton 2. Click on "Reports". 3. Click on "View the list of viruses Norton Antivirus is protecting you from" ( list on right in white box). 4. Click "Open". It will give a list of all the viruses you are protected from. Norton has it listed as W32.Goner.A@mm. Scroll down the list to see if it is there. If it is you are ok, except maybe for your chat programs letting it in.

If the chat programs let it in Norton will find it on a system scan but won't block it from initially coming in, and it could infect you in the meantime. If you get the virus it attempts to delete or get rid of the system files from within your virus program that are there to detect the viruses. I have "exited" from the chat programs in hopes of preventing it from getting in that way.

JEAN

"OLD" IS WHEN..... Your sweetie says, "Let's go upstairs and make love," and you answer, "Pick one, I can't do both!"

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Karla Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 3:53 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: New Virus Warning

Jean,

After reading this email, I went back and again updated and scanned. It came back clean so I have no clue.

Karla

Somewhere up in the stars.............. My angel and me!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: