Re: from Sally in Maui

Thu Dec 6 13:30:54 2001

At Thu, 6 Dec 2001, David F Putnam wrote: >
>Hello, dear ones, I'm in Hawaii, finally starting to relax. The day we were to leave Sunny decided he wanted to dye his hair which was turning gray back to dark brown. Well, he went to town and came back with Ebony Black which turned his hair and beard purple, and I mean purple. He, he, he, We then had to dye it again to dark brown. It looks fine, but I hope it doesn't wear out to purple.
>
>The airline, American Trans Air was supposed to have a wheelchair for me. By the time I got there, I really needed it. I was bent over double, but they kept telling me to walk a mile to the gate, I finally started to get really upset. And explained loudly that I needed a wheelchair which is why I had ordered it, and if I could walk a mile I wouldn't need a wheelchair. They responded with alacrity to my loud voice and the onset of full blown tears and pulled the wheel chair out from behind the barrier (it was there all the time, I don't know why they wouldn't let me use it until I got upset). Anyway, after that the flight went fine, though its so hard to travel in pain. I leaned on my husand a lot and kept reminding myself that this is supposed to be fun.
>
>We're staying with family and the weather is beautiful. I've been in bed too much and am finally ready to get up and see things. Sunny has been having a great time. He really needed the break.
>
>Please don't use the Maui address to send me messages, you can write to me back home. I won't be here that long.
>It's nice and warm here and I'm so lucky to be able to come. I'm counting my blessings. I hope you all are doing well, though I know there's a lot of you out there in awful pain. Love and hugs, Sally

Dear Sally,

I'm so sorry that they treated you like that at the airport - it must have been so horrible for you!

I'm glad that you're having such a good time!

Take care,

--
Lin

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: