Re: Looks like everyone is busy!

Sat Jan 5 20:28:45 2002

> Hi Kfrog:
>
> I haven't been officially diagnosed either, but yes, I have days when I
> am very ill and the pain is difficult to deal with, and other times I
> feel pretty good. Sometimes, such as lately, the pain is tolerable but
> I have nausea which is distracting....

I was feeling great heartburn and "almost" like nausea since early November. (I have a cast iron stomach!) It got worse and worse-four days in the hospital and 2 nights in ER, plus being curled up in the fetal position at home most of the time. A week ago I started on belladonna and I am a new woman. >
> I am currently experimenting with my diet to see if eating very small
> amounts helps with the pain - so far so good, but as I say this is just
> an experiment. I had what I (and my doctors) believed was a partial
> bowel obstruction, and I got through it by going on a liquid only diet.
> I will let you know if my "less is more" diet works.

I, too, am being very careful with every bite. I am just using Nestle's NuBasics, which the hospital uses, scrambled eggs and some cereal. Yesterday I had some toast-and just a teensy bit of tummy twinges, so no more toast!

> Welcome to the board, and please feel free to ask any questions that you
> may have. Hopefully one of the people on this forum with more knowledge
> than I have will be able to answer you more accurately than I have. I
> hope this helps.

Thank you, Clare! It will help just knowing there are others out there! When I looked at the coloured picture of adhesions, I nearly fainted-and then I read about a lady who had over 100 of them. I thought my life was ending-and I am-or was before my surgeries-a healthy, vibrant person. My goal is to be well enough to return to karate this summer to start training for 2nd degree black belt. I am 61, by the way.

Kay

In difficult moments, behave like a duck. Keep calm and unruffled on the surface, but keep paddling away underneath.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: