Re: confused

Mon Jan 14 18:38:48 2002

Hello (g)

Welcome to the board, this is the place to help you feel less confused and find some understanding sympathetic friends.  I understand how you are feelong right now, after having a surgery which probably had you feeling very nervous and wondering if you had made the right decision, you went ahead in the hope for relief from the discomfort and pain you were experiencing.  The only problem is, you made it through the surgery, but you are left feeling let down, disappointed and more than a little worried because the pain is still there just as it was before, or even perhaps a little worse than before!

All of us here on the adhesions board have experienced all of this, and some of us are still trying to find a surgical answer to the problem, while others, including me have decided that pain management and acceptance is the best thing for us at this time.  There are a few hardworking surgeons trying to solve the adhesions riddle, and some have even had surgery with thses doctors.  Sadly, many of them are still experiencing some degree or the same degree of pain as before.

There are several "adhesion barriers" that are being used by a hanful of surgeries in a number of countries in the hope of protecting the area were the surgery was done.  There have been mixed results using these barriers and at this time, non of them stand out as an absolute way of stopping new scar tissue (adhesions) from forming after surgery.  Most agree that there is a major reduction if laperoscopic surgery is used, but unfortunatly adhesions will still form.

You are not going crazy, and what you need is a place to vent, whine and cry.  It's also a good idea tio ask questions, read all the information available about adhesions and ask other's what they do to cope with pain.  We are all different, and what works for one may not work for another, so the most important thing is to always keep an open mind and disregard anything that is presented to you in a negative way.  My favourite saying is : YOU WILL NEVER NEVER KNOW, IF YOU DON'T GIVE IT A GO!", so put a smile on your face, take a few deep breaths and set to work, very soon, you will discover that we are a friendly bunch ready to lend a helping hand, offer advice and send you a cyber hug when necessary!

I would be happy to answer any questions you might have, and yes (g) I use a wide range of different diversional therapies to help me get through the day with a smile and a satisfaction of having acheived something, despite how my body is feeling!  Oh, and yes I have bad days too... I am having one today, and in fact I have been feeling out of sorts since Christmas.

Love & gentle hugs

Jo (Australia)

>From: thumper2@charter.net (g)
>Reply-To: adhesions@adhesions.org
>To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
>Subject: confused
>Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 06:53:03 -0600
>
>hi i am new to the site i happened upon it searching for answers. I
>feel like i have no idea what to do here i've had surgery and feel no
>better if not worse with pains i did not have prior to this. I welcome
>anyone to tell me their story so i know i'm not crazy!!!!!!!
>thank you to anyone who helps me!!!
>
>--
>g
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: