Renee from Sally

Tue Jan 22 18:28:22 2002

Dear Renee, A hysterectomy will not make your adhesions go away. It could make them worse. I'm not a doctor, but Please view the quilt on the adhesions site, http://www.adhesions.org before you make any decisions. Read the stories especially Karla's. Any operative activity makes the situation worse usually. there are a few good doctors who know what they are doing, but most don't.

Adhesions can cause intense pain, or no pain at all. No one knows why the variance. But if you are like me, and the adhesions keep coming back worse each procedure, it makes sense to stop the operations unless you have a full intestinal blockage or cancer or some other serious medical problem. Please don't make hasty decisions because you are in pain. You will probably be in pain later too. I'm sorry to be so blunt. I hurt so bad right now, I've been crying all day. But going to the E.R. or the doctor doesn't help. There's nothing they can do.

It's not all bad, we have our life, it could be worse. Please keep coming back to the board and please educate yourself by reading past emails, etc. especially from Helen Dynda. I'm sorry to give you such bad news, I should probably work on my humor or sympathetic responses more. Good luck and best wishes, Sally

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: