Re: Doctor's visit todayMaryAnn/Sally

Tue Jan 22 18:34:09 2002

Dear Mary Ann, I'm sorry, its too late for this doctor's visit, but I would suggest that you go to the adhesions site http://www.adhesions.org and read the quilts stories, then all of the other information. It's a lot, but you need to know. Nobody knows why some people get adhesions, and some don't, and some do, but they don't hurt. It's a big mystery at this point. One thing is certain. It's not all in your mind and lots of surgeries make it worse. Good luck, Love, Sally Grigg

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Mary-Ann Karaganis To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 4:06 PM Subject: Doctor's visit today/ Questions I should ask?

I have an appointment with my internist this evening. He's trying very hard to help me through this, though he is mostly trying to treat the symptoms. I believe there is an underlying reason for why I get so many adhesions. Anyone have any suggestions on what tests to request or know of any underlying causes to adhesions?

I no longer have a uterus or ovaries. I don't have endometriosis. The extent of the problem lends one to think there might be something autoimmune happening, but my ANA came up negative.

Any help is appreciated.

Mary-Ann

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: