Re: Thanks to 'EVERYONE' for the advice!

Tue Feb 12 19:15:24 2002

Hello again Natalie,

I am going to leave parts of your message here, and answer directly underneath it ok? :-)

At Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Natalie wrote: >
>Hi Ladies,
>
>First, I want to say thanks to all of you. This is the first time that
>I have posted on a board and truly felt heard. All of you had great
>advice, that being because most of you have been through the exact thing >that I am now facing.

Yes Natalie, that is the purpose of this board, and I am glad that you ____________________________________________________________ still feel comfortable to ask us questions :-)

>As for my physician, he did say that there shouldn't be as much scar

--
>whatever is removed? I am so confused as to why I have so much pain in
>almost the exact place that I had before the operations.

from what I have read & discussed with others here on the board Natalie

____________________________________________________________ is that adhesions need something to adhere to, so if you have a hysterectomy for example (because this is what I experienced) the adhesions had glued my uterus, bladder and abdominal wall together as one big mass, so when the surgeon opened me up he had to cut through extensive adhesions first & seperate my bladder & uterus before he could remove it. It was in the last part of the surgery that I almost lost my life, because the surgeon wasn't expecting the adhesions to be as extensive as they were, and when he was making the final preperations to remove my uterous I began to hemmorage, he told me at my 6 week check up that he hadn't worked that hard or been that tired after a surgery for many years, and I was his first patient for the day!. To read my full story, visit http://www.bombobeach.com and you will understand why I am so vocal on this board.

After the hystorectomy, I didn't recover as was expected & I was complaining about extreme pain. Within a few days I could barely walk, I had stopped eating, it hurt to breath. Eventually one of the nurses believed me that I was in pain, by this time my wound was also leaking. After an x-ray & CT scan they discovered that half of my bowel had pushed through my muscle wall, and it was slowly pushing open my wound, I lay on the bed waiting for surgery in so much pain in and out of semi conciousness trying to think of how I could tell my husband that I loved him & the girls and that I would be with him always. I was very sure that I was dieing and not going to get through the surgery. I will never forget that.

So, after that experience, I was not in a rush to go back to hospital for any further surgeries. Yes, because I didn't have my uterus sitting there in front of my bowel, that is when it became involved with adhesions along with my ovaries as I already explained. The statistics, off the top of my head run something like 2 out of every three bowel surgeries are due to adhesions. ____________________________________________________________

I go to see my ____________________________________________________________ >Gastro. doctor tomorrow, only as a follow up from my colonoscopy, but I >am anxious to discuss with him what he actually thinks is "closing" up >my colon..... >I also would like to know how many of you have actually had >laporoscopies done for knowledge of what it is that hurts. It seems >crazy to me to do that, but I am just about to that point.... > >Karla, I have a question for you. I saw that you have a kidney >infection that is very serious to your health. Have you always had a >problem with infections? I almost constantly have UTI's which sometimes >turn into kidney infections, however they usually don't bother me too >terribly bad. Just curious as to how that has transpired for you. My >doctors (family & ob/gyn) check my urine everytime I am in there office, >only to see if it shows that I have an infection, because I am unsure as >to when I do most of the time..... Kindof weird. ____________________________________________________________

Karla has a urostomy Natalie, and her ureters are kinked, so the urine

____________________________________________________________ keeps backing up into her kidneys, when urine backs up into the kidneys it becomes a serious infection and can damage them. Karla almost lost her life last year because of kidney failure. She is not a candidate for dialysis and cannot have a kidney transplant due to other medical conditions. So, at the moment, Karla is literally fighting for her life. ____________________________________________________________

>Wheeewwww...another long message from me. Sorry ladies. ____________________________________________________________ >Best wishes to everyone.....and please, let's all stay on the board. >Everyone in here seems to have very valuable information for anyone who >happens to need it. >Lots of love, >Natalie M. ____________________________________________________________

Thank you Natalie, I am glad that the recent events haven't turned you

____________________________________________________________ away from us, and that you recognise that we all have experiences to share with each other, and we do so in the hope to stop someone else having to follow us down the same horrible path.

Yours in friendship love & gentle Hugs Jo http://www.bombobeach.com

--
I am not a medical person, and all my messages are based
on personal experience.  I am a fellow adhesions sufferer
reaching out to help others.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: