Re: My CT scan results back today

Fri Mar 1 19:42:57 2002

Hi Jill,

I had those strange bowel symptoms too. When I started eating again, they got more normal. (normal for me anyway) I find the less I eat, the more easily constipated I get. If you can tolerate liquids, try the Ensure or something similar to get nutrition. Feeling weak and undernourished is terrible for you not just physically, but mentally also. You have less strength to deal with the pain and the Dr.'s. I also use metamucil 3x daily that seems to help.

Good Luck and hang in there. Let me know if they find out that the heart has anything to do with your adhesions. I am being treated for very high blood pressure. Meds don't seem to be working well. My Primary care doc wants to set me up with a Cardiologist soon. It would be strange if it is all somehow related.

I have been working really hard the last 3 weeks on keeping a strong & positive outlook. It's wierd, but I still have the same pain, but I'm dealing better with it. I'm trying not to let it control my day, just be part of it. It's working somehow.

Many people have had great luck with the Pain Mangement centers, some are good, others so-so. You won't know if you don't try though. Keep taking positive steps to help yourself. Sometimes that is the only kind of control we can take. I think that in itself can bring you strength.

All the support & encouragement and positive poeple here on this board have helped me with this. My thoughts & support are with you & your family.

Beth C

At Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Jill wrote: >
>GP called today, said NOTHING gastro at all showing up on chest and
>abdominal CT's with contrast.
>
>However, and this is strange, they do show that my heart is now
>enlarged????????? Oh boy . . . . Have to go in for an echogram on
>Tuesday now. Guess the fun never ends . . .
>
>I did have a small BM today with the help of some MOM, but was really
>strange, very thin - never had that before.
>
>GP also told me that my gastro told him that there is nothing else she
>can do for me, since all my tests have been negative.
>
>Looks like I need to find some new doctors in the Cleveland area. Does
>anyone think a pain clinic might be a next step for me? Or shoudl I find
>another gastro first??
>
>Thanks to all-
>
>--
>Jill
>

--
Not Alone Anymore...