Re: I'm new to the boards

Tue Mar 5 20:58:38 2002

Hello Debbie,

Welcome to the board! I am sorry that you have so many adhesions, but I just want you to consider carefully before agreeing to a hystorectomy.... many of us have already been down that path and I can tell you, you will be very lucky and one of the rare one's indeed if you escaped any further problems.

I strongly urge you to read the stories on the adhesions quilt, and I feel that you are in a similar situation to where I was two years ago, please visit the Australian Adhesions Site & read my story, and then Karla's, we represent both ends of the scale, I found this site AFTER my hystorectomy, my BIGGEST REGRET is that I didn't find it before.....

I almost lost my life during that hystorectomy & have had two other major surgeries and several minor ones.... Please don not misunderstand me, I am not trying to tell you what to do, just asking you to read, research and ask us loads and loads of questions BEFORE you agree to surgery. Sometimes, surgey is the only way.... only you and your doctor can decide that for sure.... but please go in with your eyes wide open with out false hopes and expectations.... I was devistated, and it is only since I have become very active in the fight for greater awareness that I have been able to let go of that near death experience and move on. I am not trying to be dramatic, I am not trying to make you panick.... just wanting the very best for you, because I wouldn't wish my life now on my worst enemy, and many of us MANY of us have used that statement on this board time and time again.

Yours in friendship, support, love & hugs, Jo http://www.bombobeach.com

--
I am not a medical person, and all my messages are based
on personal experience.  I am a fellow adhesions sufferer
reaching out to help others.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: