Re: I'm new to the boards

Wed Mar 6 08:15:35 2002

Debbie, Please don't rush into a hyst. I had this done last year. There was NO need for her to do it. I told her I had adhesions, and she said she'd look, but she wanted to do a laparotomy. Well... she wrote 'possible hysterectomy' on her notes. She robbed me of everything but the right ovary/tube. I got a copy of the pathology report, and the cervix, left ovary/tube were fine. The uterus had a few tiny fibroids. When I asked her why she took so much, she said, "Because when you came in my office, you were in pain, and I'm sorry this didn't work. There's nothing more I can do for you." Then in March of last year, she called, and profusely apologized for the hyst not working. In my opinion... an admission of guilt. PLEASE think about this, as once you sign a surgical consent form, you are giving them the right, basically, to do whatever they see fit to do to you. The hyst changes you physically, as well as mentally. And you will get more adhesions, as nothing is 100% guaranteed to totally prevent adhesions from returning. I'm not a medical professional, but someone who know what can happen. Millie.

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Debbie" <MsDAM28@aol.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 7:18 PM Subject: I'm new to the boards

> Hi everyone...It's great to have a place to share and get information
> about adhesions. I have had my adhesions for about 3 years but was just
> diagnosed on Feb. 15th. I had a laparoscopy done and my doctor said I
> am filled with adhesions...it is so bad that he couldn't get in to clean
> any of it out. Because of the extent of my adhesions he is going to do
> a hysterectomy and then clean out the rest. Thank God I have a doctor
> who isn't brushing me off or saying my pain is all in my head. Well
> everyone take care and my prayers are with all of you who suffer with
> the pain..................Debbie
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: