Re: Pain...How much is too much??

Thu Mar 7 21:35:43 2002

Hello Christina,

I thought your question was just spot on! How much pain is too much? Before my hystorectomy I thought it couldn't get any worse than what I was already experiencing WRONG I HAVE had the "hysterectomy" and I almost lost my life! Now my pain doesn't even compare to what I had prior to the "hyster" .... it is such a hard question to answer, because no two people are alike, no two cases are alike, and no two outcomes are alike.... what didn't work for me, may work for you.

The other problems include what the surgeon actually finds once inside your body.... I myself have decided no more surgery, I had the hyster, kept my ovaries for exactly 12 months and then had them removed because they were attached to my vagina bladder and bowel.

Christina, you are right, you are not alone.... welcome to the board... I invite you to read my story, I am the founder of the Australian Adhesions support Group site http://www.bombobeach.com and you will find my story there. There is also one about my friend Karla... a US citizen who has had over 50 surgeries in the 45 years of her life... it is so hard to imagine! I believe that her story demonstrates the extreme end of what can happen to us. Some people seem to be more suseptible to adhesions than others. Why? I haven't found any research to give me an answer, because quite frankly adhesions are the biggest and most hidden side affect of surgery, but surgery cannot be blamed in every case.

When you have finished surfing at bombo, come back here and read the stories on the adhesions quilt. You know Christina a hysterectomy is NOT a cure for adhesions. What YOU need to find is a good "Adhesiologist surgeon" who can take down your existing adhesions and using a barrier to discourage new adhesions forming..... from my research and the many hours I have spent chatting and reading... hysterectomies lead to a nose dive on your life.....(some do manage to live happily ever after though....BUT none that have problems with adhesions as far as I know) BUT only you can make the decision, our purpose here at IAS & bombobeach, is to empower you with enough knowledge about adhesions to make a well informed decision about your future treatment and pain management. We also are a sounding board, offer friendship, support, we care about you and the soundless thousands who haven't had the opportunity of finding a group like ours. Let us know how you are and don't hesitate to ask more questions....

Love & gentle hugs, Jo http://www.bombobeach.com

--
I am not a medical person, and all my messages are based
on personal experience.  I am a fellow adhesions sufferer
reaching out to help others.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: