Re: Let me tell you about my day at the doctors..................

Fri Mar 22 15:48:20 2002

Chrissy I am so sorry you went through that. That guy needs to go back to medical school or needs a kick in the you know what! Don't let him make you feel that you are imagining the pain. We would all like to imagine it away. If anyone thinks we like being like this and going to Dr. to Dr to try and get some help or some answers-they are crazy-not us. I know how you feel about where do you go and who do you see. We have to keep trying and maybe we will find the right Dr. He or she may not be able to cure us but just to have our pain validated and someone to try and help is worth a million bucks. So, Chrissy, don' let them get you down. Keep fighting for yourself-you are worth it! Your friend, Jan

>----- Original Message -----
From: Chrissy492@aol.com Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 5:42 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Let me tell you about my day at the doctors..................

Hi everyone, can I borrow a shoulder today? I'm just so upset today. "( My ob/gyn (thank God for him) told me to tell my PCP that I need to see a surgeon to give me some answers on my belly button excruciating pain as well as my abdomen pain (mostly left lower sided) and of course the usual lower back pain. Ok, so I went to see this so called surgeon today. I brought with me pictures of my last surgery as well as my operative notes. As he came into the patient room to see me, he of course shook my hand and introduced himself. He said, how can I help you. As I handed him the pictures to view and the notes of my last surgery he put them down on the counter without peeking at them. I went on to tell him my history on my health - the pain I'm in - how many! surgeries yada, yada, yada. (my PCP was supposed to send him a letter explaining that, but the surgeon I saw today didn't have time to read them prior to my visit) Once I was finished he said to me, "I'm not touching you with a ten foot pole" and "you are not going to die on my operating table." After the shock of his words wore off, I told him that I wasn't looking for surgery just hopes of answers, some answers - anything that he knows of adhesions that would help me - others. He said, "I don't believe that adhesions cause pain, it's the patient with adhesions that has it in their head that they do cause pain." OK - there I am trying to stop shaking and then all of a sudden, the tears came down my face - I felt myself shaking uncontrollably. At this point he gave me a slip to go for physical therapy. I took the slip (mind you I was so peeved at this point) and told him to shove it up his ass. (sorry for those with sensitive ! eyes) I went on to tell him how WRONG he was with his "adhesions do not cause pain." I said that I would send him the IAS Newsletter as well as printed out material so that he could educate himself about adhesions and make him a better practicing doctor. There were more w ords in the office, this email is long enough - but I think all of you have had this same visit once or twice already. As I left, I felt as if I was medically raped. Awful - just awful. I sat in my car trying to grab a grip before I started to drive and wondered what the hell is my next step. What do I do? Who do I call? Who the hell will help me? I can't afford a trip to Germany. Isn't there one single doctor in my neighborhood able to help me? It's bad enough that my PCP doesn't want me on my pain medication anymore. What is going to happen when those are taken away from me? I feel so lost with my health issues that I'm sca! red. Thank God for all of you to be here for me. To help and support me - especially understand me and pull me up in the time that I've hit rock bottom. That is it! I just wrote how I feel, I feel as if I've hit the bottom and I don't know how to climb back up again. Thanks for letting me vent, thank you for your shoulder. Love and hugs to all, ~Confused, scared, Chrissie xo's Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explor

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: