>w/barbiturates for me but I have not taken any yet. The info that came
>with the medicine states it slows the activity of the digestive system
>thereby reducing cramping. I called and asked my surgeon about this and
>he really didn't want me to take it because I have problems with
>constipation. I am currently experiencing excruciating pain with bowel
>movements and have to go to great lengths to keep things moving. I am
>going through the usual tests for abdominal pain and cramping. When I
>was hospitalized a few months ago for a partial obstruction, I was on IV
>liquids for several days, then clear liquids and soft food as tolerated.
>How are you tolerating food? Are you nauseated? I always eat very light
>and very small portions. I feel very full even if I drink anything. I
>will do anything to avoid the NG tube again! I wish you the best and
>feel free to contact me if you like. Sherry Marie

Sherry, I have a question for you. I have had very low pain (crease of leg) and somewhat higher, but all on the left side, extremely bloated especially after eating only small amount of food so therefore I try not to eat much cuz it is uncomfortable, all for a few months now. I also went thru a spell of feeling very nausous. It comes and goes and can be extremly(sp) bad at times, othertimes, you just know its there. Also I go thru spells of needing to urinate alot more than normal. The other day it was so bad that I was going every 15 minutes and was not even drinking anything. I have had all gyn stuff done, even a uterine biopsy, due to a what was thought & supposidly is a simple cyst. I have also had a colonosocpy and endoscope and CT scan with IV contrast, this just came back normal. So now they are going to do a small bowel xray with barium stuff. My question to you is this. Is the abdominel bloating something that is common with small bowel problems? Also no one has even thought to do a stool sample for blood? If the colonosopy was normal is this why no stool sample is needed? I have done sooooooo much research and can't seem to figure this all out. For my body, this bloating is very unusual, and I am soooooo tired of it. My pants don't fit. I have gone on an extreme veg & fruit diet which is something I have always done when I have put on weight in the past, but even with this diet, I have lost only 10 pounds and I'm still bloated after only eating small amounts! I seem to be having regular bowel movements, I can get constipated sometimes, but then sometimes go thru spells of dirrea(sp), not often but it does happen. HELP, if you have any advice or ideas I would love to hear them. In advance, I thank you for any time you can spare me. Kathi

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: