Re: Visit to another pain clinic

Fri Apr 5 07:46:50 2002

Maybe if we all scream at the top of our lungs at the same time, doctors will hear us LOL.

Now my next statement is really going to make me sound old...What happened to all the caring doctors my mother used to work with as a nurse? Died out or retired I guess. I bet none of our present doctors ever interned with any of them! Such a pity so many of them get enthralled by the technology and forget the person.

I have probably ruined my chances for a permanent job here where I'm working as a temp. I've been trying to get in at least 35 hours...have only made one 40 hour week and was down all weekend after! But, one of the managers I work for casught me in the bathroom crying...I told her part of my sad (oh, me, oh my, so pitiful) story. Then another one asked why I was having all these doctor visits....since he's a man (not male bashing, ya'll just like the facts, ma'am), I only gave him a short sopping list and said my internist was sending me on the rounds of new doctors in an attempt to help me.

kcmo rose

>
>--
>you sound a lot like myself. i too have had many altercations with my doctor. have given him at least a 1' high stack of papers on "adhesions" we have agreed that when he goes "back in" to remove other tube ovary and uterus, he will make sure i do not have adhesions and will remove them if i do. we have discussed barrier methods. as far as pain meds, i suppose he agrees with me that i do not take them to get "high" i take them to live my life in a semi-normal fashion. i pray you have at least one or two semi- pain free days. and i hope your doc reads your letter instead of letting his nurse do it. give him my e-mail if he has any questions... LOL
>
>may you carry one and do the best you can. as is all any of us can.
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: