Re: Question On Ultram

Fri Apr 12 14:01:17 2002

I am now on Loritabs. They have been some what addictive ( slight withdrawal) but not too bad. On the days when the pain is less, I take one Lortab with a Codeine #3. This can be just enough instead of 2 Lortabs.

Is anyone going to a pain Management clinic In Richmond. I am just trying to get into see the anesthesiologist group at Henrico hospital. This is a last ditch effort before surgery again. My husband is getting very frustrated at my pain. I too have an ovarian remnant with TONS of adhesion from multiple GYN surgeries. Anyone else having any luck treating these?

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Joppashell@aol.com Sent: Friday, April 12, 2002 1:33 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Question On Ultram

Hi--

Yes i tried ultram--sometimes it worked on my day when the pains were a 7 level but for 10 +++pains I had to take demerol with phenegran. (I was never getting adequate pain relief on ultrams. )There is a new drug called ulatracettes that work on milder pains --they give these so u don't become addicted--they are better than going cold turkey--these cost more with my insurance--I had to pay $37 instead of paying $10 for generic of Toradol.

Over all Toradol and demerol with the phenegran are the best .I alternate my pain meds-- the doctor does that to keep from getting addicted. The phenegran u can get seperate for nausea and even take that with ibuprofens and do better than being cut off a pain med totally. If you learn to combine correctly u can get better relief. I was told by a dentist that you can take 1/2 hydrocodone and an ibuprofen and it will allow u to remain alert to drive and keep pains down. If you ever get treatment from a dentist for pain they are most knowledgeable about getting pain relief because they are dealing with the nerves all the time.

The nerves is what trigger your pains that's why the pain is even there to begin with.-- Blessings--hope this helps

In a message dated 4/11/02 7:33:21 PM Central Daylight Time, tweetie@cfl.rr.com writes:

I was Wondering if anyone here has taken the Medication Ultram for Pain and if so did it work for your Pain? I would really appreciate any Input

on this Pain Medication. Thank you so much for your Time and Help with my Question!!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: