Re: Tired of seeing no new posts!!

Sat Apr 13 12:36:37 2002

I did go back & find the post you made about your surgery. I am sorry that no one sent any prayers or thoughts your way. At that time, I was having a very bad time. I like I am sure others, thought that some one else would send a message to you. I guess we all dropped the ball on this one, I am sorry for that. I also had the right to respond to your post. With the references to clicks and the part about Germany, this was directed at me, like you said in your email to me, it was directed at Robin, which is me, and others. So, I did have a right to say my piece about this post. None of my posts have I ever hidden my name, My parents & my loving hubby gave me my name & even though my last name "Massengill" (Yes, like the doushe} is sometimes embarrising, it is My name, & I have NEVER been ashamed to use it. robin

At Sat, 13 Apr 2002, ejulian@attbi.com wrote: >
>At Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Karla N wrote:
>>
>>Robin,
>>You don't have to apologize. I have just read the sequence of letters and have decided to chalk this one up to a very serious lack of education regarding adhesions. It is not to attack the writer...she only speaks what she knows. When you or I speak it is with what we know. I pray for her sake that the barrier used in her surgery works. Unfortunately, research shows that it does not work for the majority of us. Anybody can go out into the medical society and find a doctor that proclaims that he can take care of your adhesions...and like I have mentioned before...there is one doctor that used to advertise being able to cure you of your adhesions in 13 or less procedures. Does anyone really want to go through 13 surgeries to find out? Especially with the knowledge that with each procedure adhesions get worse. Unfortunately, for us adhesion sufferers, we want to believe that a doctor will "cure" us and we fall into line to have surgery in the hopes that we do not have to have p
>a
>>in anymore. We have that surgery....in fact, we probably don't say too much to this group...because so many people have warned us about having more surgery...then after a couple of weeks...perhaps some might be lucky enough to go a few months...we realize that the pain is back. We don't want to say anything to the group...because they're going to say I TOLD YOU SO....but, they don't because everyone has made that mistake. It doesn't matter how many surgeries you go out and have despite our warnings....we still welcome you back with all of the support and love that goes out to every poster. Sometimes we may miss something in your post...a mention that you are going to have surgery...and we feel awful about it...but it is never done with the intention of neglecting you...or because you aren't a part of the click. There are no clicks here. People come and go from here. They share their experiences and we reach out to help them....every one of them. But it comes down to the fact
>t
>>hat no matter what we do, we can't be everything to everyone. There is always going to be someone that gets missed. I'm sorry you got missed. I pray that your surgery was successful. If you can say in a year that you are pain free then I would drop down and kiss the ground that you are walking on....you have experienced a miracle. Post that doctor's name on this board! Unfortunately, we have learned by experience that this is all a cycle. Everyone believes that his case, his surgery, his doctors are different. To be honest, that's the way it should be. We should have faith in our doctors. We should believe that our surgery is going to be successful...because it should be. We have the right to receive the best treatment and have success...unfortunately, we are not getting it. Maybe this post sounds cynical...if you have been around long enough to know that I don't sugar coat things......I speak from the hip as a person that is dying from this awful disease. I reach out
>t
>>o you trying to get you to educate yourself about the disease before you proceed with another surgery. I then reach out to comfort you when the surgery is unsuccessful or I'll be the first one in line at the party celebrating its success. I pray that you only find the latter.
>>Love,
>>Karla
>> Christina <angelnstix@msn.com> wrote: (((((((Robin)))))))) I couldnt have said it any better. That lady was
>>WAY out of line. Hugs, Christy
>>
>>At Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Robin wrote:
>>>
>>>Dear All
>>>I am sorry about the post I left. I should have thought it through a
>>>little more before my fingers started flying over the key board! This
>>>board needs to be kept as up beat as possible!! I should have e mailed
>>>her personally to see if this was an attack on me before I spouted off.
>>>I will try to keep cool & remeber to smile before I write again.
>>>Again, sorry for the post,
>>>robin
>>>
>>>At Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Robin wrote:
>>>>
>>>>I really took affence to this post!!
>>>>I am not sure what click you are talking about, but I don't think there
>>>>is one. The reason some people have more posts than others is because
>>>>they write more, not because of any click! I have not hear of anyone
>>>>going to Germany for a hysterectomy, vaginal or other wise! Yes,
>>>>sometimes we write to get sympathy from this "support group", but, we
>>>>share what we are going through. It is tough not having any one that
>>>>truely understands the pain and the frustration that the DAM_ adhesions
>>>>cause!! We have NEVER judged anyone by the amount of time they have
>>>>"suffered"!! Pain is Pain, whether you have had it for one day or one
>>>>month, or 20 years! My first surgery for adhesions & the pain they
>>>>caused was in 1985, with pain for almost a year before then from a
>>>>C-section I had to have. I have NEVER WHINED to a Dr, either they
>>>>beleive you or they don't. Either you get help, or you don't. I have
>>>>been to every Dr that my insurance co will allow me to go to. There is
>>>>not one that will do surgery on me. My personal Dr is very
>>>>understanding about adhesions and the problems they cause, but can not
>>>>operate, Most general practitioners don't do surgery. She has refered
>>>>me to many, but most don't even think adhesions cause pain, if they
>>>>think like that, they WILL NOT listen! The Drs in PA will do surgery,
>>>>don't take most insurance & cost an arm & a leg. I, don't remember if
>>>>you told anyone that you were having surgery or not. Usually if we are
>>>>told, Many send thoughts & prayers. I am very sorry if that didn't
>>>>happen for you. I am glad that you seem to have another support group,
>>>>but many of us only have here. I feel this is primarily pointed at me,
>>>>because I am trying to get to Germany and talk about to many.
>>>>ROBIN
>>>>At Fri, 12 Apr 2002, ejulian@attbi.com wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>i know what you mean, it seems that there is a little click going on
>>>>>here just like in high school. well for anyone who cares to read, had
>>>>>surgery wednesday for laparoscopic assisted vaginal hyst. doctor did
>>>>>use intercede barrier, and removed adhesions from previous surgery to
>>>>>remove right ovary and tube. you don't have to go to germany to get
>>>>>this operation done. if one takes the time and effort to research the
>>>>>matter instead of trying just to get sympathy from those on this
>>>>>"support group", one will find there are doctors in the USA who know and
>>>>>do something about this. i hate to be so blunt, but i find that there
>>>>>only a small minority of people who keep popping up on the message
>>>>>boards. i guess i haven't been 'suffering' long enough for my name to
>>>>>be part of the group. i will continue to do my own research and
>>>>>continue to talk to my own support persons, but don't be fooled there is
>>>>>hope here in the USA and if you really talk to your doctor instead of
>>>>>whining to him, he will take notice and listen, course the sugestion of
>>>>>legal action does help also.
>
>--
>I DO NOT EXPECT AN APOLOGY FROM ANYONE NOR WILL I GIVE ONE TO ANYONE, I THOUGHT WE WE WOULD BE ALLOWED TO SPEAK OUR MINDS, I HAVE DONE MUCH RESEARCH REGARDING ADHESIONS AND I DO KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. FRANKLY I AM ONLY GOING TO READ POSTS FROM NOW ON BECAUSE I LEARNED THE HARD WAY, YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING UNLESS IT IS TOUCHY FEELY, OR COMPLAIN ABOUT YOUR PAIN OR ARE UPBEAT AND PRAISING ANOTHERS FORTIDUDE. I HAVE SUFFERED WITH ADHESION WELL OVER 5 YEARS. IT AIN'T NOTHING NEW TO ME.
>
>MAY YOU ALL BE BLESSED WITH AT LEAST A FEW GOOD DAYS. I DID POST THAT I WAS HAVING SURGERY. BUT THAT IS OF LITTLE CONSEQUENCE NOW. BLESS YOU ALL AND MAY THOSE WHO DESERVE IT BE FORGIVEN AS THE WORLD COMES AROUND.
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: