Re: I can't take it anymore - Brokenwing

Mon Apr 22 14:28:24 2002

Dear Wingy:

Honey you are going to have to fight the system; you should not be treated this way. As Helen said, there are state pain laws and the JCAHO law that prohibits patients being treated this way. You have a tough battle on your hands and your being so weak doesn't help, but the best thing I have found is to get your husband involved; they seem to take notice when one's spouse is in the room and starts telling them they better take care of you or else. My GYN, after my hysterectomy, refused to give me any medication, but as soon as my husband called and said if something happens to her because of you, I am holding you totally responsible and she is in terrible pain and cannot move from the pain so I want you to call in a prescription right now, do you hear me. She said no problem at all!!!! Just amazing they won't listen to us at all, but perhaps because your spouse is backing you up they seem to relent somewhat and give in.

I hope and pray that you can find some help. Also, have you checked out the ASAP site to see if there is a doctor in your area? Here is the website and please go to compassionate doctors to see if there is one in your area. These doctors are not afraid to prescribe narcotic medication and will help you. <A HREF="http://www.asappain.com/panic.html">Click here: panic</A>

As I said in my previous e-mail, there are just too many of us here suffering - God help us. I even have the adequate amount of pain medication but it is no longer handling the pain at a tolerable level unless I remain completely immobile all day long; who can live like that? Especially those that are trying to work, take care of their house, take care of their children.

Love,

Hell-yun

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: