surgery?

Wed May 1 02:36:54 2002

Hi all,

I wanted to ask you all if you have heard of this and have you give me your thoughts.

When I was in the hospital in Chicago they found kidney stones in both kidneys as well as blocking one of my ureters. That stone passed but the others remain. They told me that I needed to get a new urologist up here to treat it. Well, I saw the new doctor yesterday and he was, needless to say, quite upset with how they handled it. It has been a month and I continue to be in all the pain from the stones. He scheduled me for another CT on Monday and has told me that I will have to have something done with them. He told me that they couldn't do the normal procedures because of my urostomy. He didn't think they should do the blasting either because they would probably block up my ureters. What he said would have to be done is going in through my back and actually removing the stones from each kidney. It is an actual surgical procedure. Has anyone heard of this? Any thoughts? With my having renal failure in the past this is a big concern.

Karla

Yahoo! Health - your guide to health and wellness

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: