Re: To Karla from Jo

Wed May 1 21:39:45 2002

Oh Karla!!

$100 is too much! I can't believe it.... I really did enjoy that phone call though....as for the letter :-( I will send another one in the next few days so we can catch up good and proper..... I will try and be online as much as possible soon, i am still a little too sore to stay online too long however.. :-(

I miss you like crazy too and hope we catch up soon, I might call my phone company & see how much those calls I made to you cost, because I know we still have a month to go & our bill is already up to $800!! That was me in hospital for six weeks & Shane & I calling three or four times a day STD rates are a killer! They are timed calls, just like international.... unlike local calls which cost about 15cents!

The three endone (oxycodone) was a one off dose, and he was having subcut morphne injections in hospital for pain... we are talking serious pain here.... now he is only taking one or two at a time.... but I make him wait sometimes up to sox hours befpre he has more and get him to have something over the counter in between.... never fear Karla, all is under doc's instructions...loves ya!

At Wed, 1 May 2002, Karla N wrote: >
> Jo,
>I have only gotten the one email you sent to me and I did respond to it. I miss you like the dickens. I don't know why it wouldn't be going through.
>As for Shane and the meds I was extremely concerned that they were a much higher dose and for him to start out on that level would have been not a good thing. That is the only reason I was worried.
>No, I didn't get any letter. I did get my phone bill....our 30 minute conversation cost $100 so I don't think I will be calling anymore. I about dropped my drawers when I saw that. The phone company had that listed as a discount rate too. I think I should give them a call. That's $3 a minute!
>I don't get on MSN much. My daughter always has hers running and everytime I switch mine on noone is there. Hopefully things will be straightened out soon.
>Love you!!!!
>Karla
> Jo Eslick <joanne@bombobeach.com> wrote: Hi Karla my sweets!
>
>miss you sooo much, I have written several emails to the new adress you
>sent me, but haven't had any personal responses from you :-(
>
>As for Shane, the dose was instructed to be administered by our doctor,
>I would NEVER give my medication to someone else. To give our
>medication to someone else is very silly and dangerous. The oxycodone
>tablets I take are only 5mg and I have read many comments here from
>others who are taking much higher doses of oxycodone & oxycontin. I
>hope I catch you on msn soon, I miss you sooo much! Did you get my last
>letter? I sent it while I was in hospital.
>
>Love you my special friend, please contact me soon, i miss you soooo
>much
>
>love and very gentle hugs,
>Jo xoxoxoxoxoxox
>
>At Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Karla N wrote:
>>
>> Jo,
>>So nice to see you posting. I do want to voice my concerns here. What dose of oxycontin are you taking? For Shane to take three of them plus a valium when he doesn't normally take any, seems to be very excessive. I guess its none of my business but you all have become like a family to me and I really worry about you. Please let me know.
>
>--
>Love and gentle hugs,
>Joanne Eslick
>Founder Australian Adhesions Support Group
>http://www.bombobeach.com
>Australian Co-ordinator of
>International Adhesions Society
>http://www.adhesions.org
>
>--
>I am not a medical person, and all my messages are based