Possible adhesions!

Thu May 2 22:13:40 2002

I have had pain in my lower right side for several years. The past 2 weeks it has been constant. Doctors have checked for hernia, given colon tests. had yearly pelvic & pap smear tests. Nothing has showed up. This week I went to a Gynecologist. By a pelvic ultrasound he said one ovary looks ok. He could ;not see the other one - that there seem to be a lot of activity going on in the pelvic area, and he believes that it could be scar tissue. I had my uterus removed 3o years ago. He wanted to do a laparoscapy to remove it if it is, and go ahead & get both ovaries out since he will be in there. I am 65 yrs. old. I got a second opinion from a more experienced Gynecologist, who advised against such a procedure at this point. He wants to do a CT, and through the process of elimination , find my problem. He said that if I do need surgery for adhesions, he would send me to a doctor who specializes in that type surgery.- that he did not believe a gynecologist should do it. I am confused. I am leaning toward the latter opinion. Would appreciate yur input. Sorry about the length of this. Thanks much. SueHarr

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: