Re: Constipated or Impacted?

Thu May 9 16:03:33 2002

Meg, I went for 2 weeks one time without a bowel movement and M.O.M., prunes, prune juice, Metamucil, suppositories, stool softeners, enemas, and everything else that the doctors permit did absolutely nothing even in large quantities. They only made me worse, especially the Metamucil which got like a rock inside me. I then had started taking strong laxatives once a week (only time I went) until I finally found a doctor to do exploratory surgery at which time he found lots of adhesions "partial" bowel obstructions.

When the problems came back again years later I then started taking Herblax every night.

I think if you are totally obstructed you would be throwing up. JEAN

By being only what "you" are, you can awaken each morning to a new day that's an opportunity to seek whatever you want- with no previous deceptions to get in your way.

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of meg Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 6:14 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Constipated or Impacted?

it's almost 3:00am, I have searched the archives for info on constipation and impacted stools. It has been 5 days since I have gone. I am in so much distress. I have had many obstructions, this time not much nausea, which is good.Just how long can you go without a BM? How do you know if you are imoacted?What do you do for an impacted stool? I have tried milk of mag,stool softners,fleet enemas,drinking tons of water, smooth move tea,and metameucil. I am going to call my doctor first thing. I feel like I am going to loose my mind.Am even more afraid of ending up in the ER with an ng tube.If I start vomiting I know thats what I have to do.Does anyone have any advice for me, PLEASE! Meg

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: