Re: Karla, Robin & Millie

Fri May 10 17:30:58 2002

Deb, I want to assure you that I do not try to play doctor...particularly when it involves a possible obstruction. I always advise someone to seek further treatment if they feel that it is necessary as I had done in a prior post to Millie. But, at the same time, since Millie has had a CT scan and been seen by a doctor who felt she did not believe she had an obstruction, I felt that the best thing for Millie was to let go of it. To worry about something needlessly (and that is always easier said then done) only serves to make us feel worse. Stress can do awful things to us. I just wanted to remind Millie that she has been very worried about this in the past and she got through it by learning to relax. Nobody on here should try and play doctor. We can give out some awfully bad advice that could be detrimental to our health....always when trying to help someone add a statement that if they don't feel comfortable or if the pain level is unacceptable then they should seek medical treatment. We can only relay our experiences...it doesn't mean that someone else couldn't have a different result. Karla "debsiwministry@carolina.rr.com" <debsiwministry@carolina.rr.com> wrote: 21D6583F-CA1E-4453-AE65-745FBA5904734F13DC6A-7690-4C2E-A038-9665C2F8422Brepeat#d7d2fcleft0px18C2BBF0-3EFB-11D4-BA3D-0050DAC68030018C2BBF0-3EFB-11D4-BA3D-0050DAC68030126D63310-3EFD-11D4-BA3D-0050DAC68030026D63310-3EFD-11D4-BA3D-0050DAC680301C4E44520-2BF7-11D4-BA28-0050DAC680300X-ASN,X-ASH,X-AN,X-AP,X-AD;We must be very careful not to try to diagnose as we arenot physicians. With adhesions we may time after time not have a emergency situation but then another time be in very grave danger. I have been there..I have almost died. Each time one of us gets ill in the manner that Millie has it leaves us wondering and having fear that we may be headed for another emergency surgery. Millie knows and feels that she can get guidance here. I am new here and I can say that your post including the Scranton thing??? may me wonder if I was in the wrong place. Just some thoughts no intended harm. Deb -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.orgDate: Friday, May 10, 2002 15:04:39To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONSSubject: Karla, Robin & Millie Karla,Millie didn't intend her reply to be directed your way, it was meant for me so you have no need to feel bad or apologize. Robin,I have helped Millie many times in the past and also just this past week answered allot of questions she asked me via email.If I didn't care or wasn't offering support I wouldn't have answered her emails or questions for her.I was always there for her since she has been on the board although it was mostly via email so people may not be aware of it. Just because I don't post often anymore doesn't mean I never help or offer support to people but it can also be done via email. My intentions were not to insult her, just try to calm her down again. I didn't mean that I don't believe she has problems and pain or deserve support any less than anyone else.I am sure she does have pain and problems like we all have or we wouldn't be here. I merely pointed out that she most likely doesn't have an "emergency" situation by reminding her of how upset she has gotten herself in the past for the same things. The tests, pains, problems, questions and answers and are not new to her. In fact she has helped other people in the past by answering these questions for them so I thought she understood things much better now. I can understand you thinking I was too harsh however I know from before that she won't calm down as long as she keeps repeating the same questions and getting the same answers over and over again for weeks or months. I didn't mean that the same "pain and problems" don't repeat themselves over and over and have it's highs and lows. Yes, we need a compassionate ear more at some times than others.Apparently I don't have a way with words! Millie has alot of friends on the board who love and care about her on the board and I sure didn't mean she shouldn't post anymore or even complain about her problems. She has been an avid poster and I have not and I am sure she will still be a big part of the board when she calms down again from my post. I should have kept my mouth shut instead of trying to calm her down in the manner I thought she needed, since apparently I sure didn't succeed in doing that.I don't even know why I posted a response since it wasn't directed to me, therefore none of my business, other than because she is one I periodically chat with via email and felt a need to try to calm her down again for own well-being.If anything I guess I should have just emailed her personally but I'm not sure that would have made a difference either. I don't like to see friction or fighting on the board, never intended it to turn out that way and I definitely won't be a part of any. Millie & everyone else,I'm sorry for posting and saying anything and also for disrupting the board. It was not intended as it was taken.I promise I will shut my mouth again! JEAN -----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Karla N Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 4:02 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: I'm Leaving the board tonight

Millie, Please do not leave. We all suffer on here. Pain is an awful thing to live with yet alone deal with by yourself. You have the love and support of everyone here. I apologize to you for anything that I possibly might have said that would have upset you. Having talked with you for so long I felt that I could convince you not to worry....for your sake. That only makes your condition worse. I was not telling you this because it was bothering me. You don't bother me. I just want to be able to give you the advice you need along with the love and support. Besides....who can I get together with to tease Sally about that age thing??? Love ya!!!!!! Please know that God is watching over you and blessing your life as you read this. Take the time to cherish that. Ultimately, he is the only person that you need. We are just tools to help you see that. Karla

Yahoo! Shopping - Mother's Day is May 12th!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: