Need information

Fri May 10 18:13:07 2002

Hello Everyone -

Two questions - Seems all the messages I read, you all describe PAIN. I would like to know if anyone has had adhesions without pain, per se. I have had four laparatomies, two emergency for adhesions. On the last surgery, they had to cut through adhesions to get to the colon. I still have the same symptoms. I experience mostly bloating and its just not any bloating. There is what I call 'pressure' in the system, a feeling that I need to eliminate but the bowels don't function and probably where my problems originally began. I have to drink 6-8 ozs of prune juice to literally 'flush' waste material past a section that doesnt seem to have function. I am never asymptomatic - always have the bloating feeling and food makes it worse. There is gas that doesn't move or FORM enough TO move. Even if it's manually manipulated. Its also difficult to take in deep breaths because of the pressure

1] So I would like to know if anyone has had adhesions or symptoms of adhesions without the pain. This is sheer discomfort which is more painful to me than pain itself. I know I have high yeast counts and wonder just how much they mimic adhesions.

2] Also the internal intestinal wall feels 'thick'. Does this description hit a note with anyone?

Thanx - Shali

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: