Re: Tish - injections-Karla

Mon May 13 10:09:38 2002

Karla..Hi Hope this finds you at least comfortable today. Actually i found that same posting about the injecctions the very night before i was scheduled to get them..And i had already researched the injections idea pretty thoroughly and had found that not too many people had ever gotten relief from them..so i just prayed and prayed that God would continue to lead my Dr..to find the best possible answer for my situation.. Anyway the injections he planned,wereto block nerves in my abdomen.. he intended to to put the injections in my spine at about the L-2 or L-3 level. He said that doing this is not only a pain management thing but also diagnostic..because he would be able to map the exact spots of the pain..which would be a helpful tool for future use..and that is the only reason i would have considered doing the injections at all...since i had pretty much figured that they would not be effective regarding the pain..But also they say with those injections you are in ALOT of pain..for about 3 days afterwards..too..and being that i had just found some relief in the patches and pills for breakthrough..he decided to leave it alone for now...And my insurance had already agreed to pay for the injections except for my $10.00 copay..so the cost was not an issue at this point. I dont think i will ever let any Dr do any sort of procedure..until i have researched it completely...with the help of you and all the others at this site.. I am so Thankful for you Karla..and for all of the help i get here on this message board..and i hope that someday i can be as much help to others as you all are to me. Thanks Again..Karla.

Hugs and Love and Lots of Prayer 4 U. Tish

Hugs and Love..and lots of prayers. Tish

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: