Re: Germany Information - Pamela

Mon May 13 20:25:35 2002

Are you saying you had this surgery done in Italy?

--
Shali

At Mon, 13 May 2002, Pamela wrote: > >At Sun, 31 Mar 2002, Chrissy492@aol.com wrote: >>You sound just as desperate as I was up until January of this year. I contacted a rep. from Intergel in Rome she put me in touch with a surgeon in Florence. I sent all my previous surgery records. An appointment was scheduled and my husband and I flew over January 7th. I had surgery which included removing some intestine on January 15th. I was in the hospital 2 weeks. We flew home Feb.4th after playing tourists for a few days. I have to tell you I feel wonderful, absolutely NO PAIN for 3 months now. The total cost was $13,500. I was in a private clinic I had 3 doctors including the surgeon visit me twice everyday. It also included 2 meals a day for my husband. I had the advantage of speaking Italian (my husband is Italian) only one of the doctors did none of the nurses. >I spoke with another person from this message board her name is also >Pam,(I have unfortunately lost her e-mail address due to a hard drive >crash) she told me about Dr. Korell in Germany and her charges I >believe were only $5,000. but that was for laproscopic surgery I was >unable to have that therefore my charges were higher, but still much >cheaper than it would have been to have the same surgery done here in >the states. Believe me I was prepared to pay much more. I am now back >to pulling a full 40+ hours a week as an RN something I haven't been >able to do for the past 3 years. It was the best money I have ever >spent. By the way Intergel has been approved by the FDA and they hope >to start receiving shipments here any time now. The problem of course >will be with the insurance companies deciding whether or not to pay for >it. And then finding a doctor who knows what he's doing! >Good luck to you. >Pamela >>Hi there, >>Where can I go or who can I ask to give me a break down of all costs to go to >>Germany for surgery with Dr. Korell? I tried looking on the IAS site, either >>I'm blind or this pain is not allowing me to concentrate to find the >>information. Can someone please, please help me? >>I've had enough of this pain; I've had enough of the pain meds not working >>because I need a higher dose and NO DOCTOR will help me to increase the >>dosage of my pain meds. I've had enough already, enough! >>I have been invited for another surgery with Dr. Harry Reich and Dr. Jay >>Redan in Scranton, PA at their adhesions center. This is all well and great, >>but then I started to think about the adhesions gel/spray. And of course >>this is only in Germany and hasn't been FDA approved here in the US of A. >>My head is spinning out of control. This devil pain of mine is getting worse >>- it hurts so bad and it's continuing to get worse. It's getting more and >>more difficult for me to work a 40 hour week - to visit a friend - to have a >>life. I'm not the happy cheery Chrissie and I miss her. "( I used to be >>able to shake it off, but it's so hard to do these days! grrrrrrrrrrr and >>double grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! Again I'm at my wits end and I feel as if I'm >>loosing control. >>Thank you everyone for always being here for me, for letting me vent, cry, >>scream - laugh. I love you all so very much. >>Lots of hugs and love to all of you, >>~Chrissie xo's

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: