If a sonohystergraphy is what I think it is...

Tue May 21 12:32:45 2002

Angela, I'm not sure what a a sonohystergraphy procedure is. For what reason did you have this procedure done? If this procedure involves the use of a "liquid" (such as a dye) within the uterus, it may be possible that this "liquid" could've exited from the fallopian tubes into the pelvic cavity. If this is possible and this is what happened...yes, it is possible that adhesions could explain the problems you are having now. If adhesions are the problem, learning as much as you can about adhesions IS the first step!! Secondly, it is important to seek pain management at a multi-disciplinary pain clinic.

Don't consider a laparoscopy until you have spent a lot of time learning the facts about adhesions as well as your rights as a patient!!

Re: Have I got adhesions; From: angela lanier (alanier@mail.mcg.edu); Tue, 21 May 2002 10:04:56 -0500 (CDT) One year, five months ago I had a sonohystergraphy performed. As a result of the procedure I developed an infection and blew up like a balloon. I have been bloated since that time and no matter how many exams of other areas it goes right back to the fact I can't get rid of this bloating and it is painful to bend over to pick up anything on the floor. It is as though something is in the way. I have been examined from the bottom up and even endoscopy plus a thorascopy. Anyway, my question is, could it be possible that I have blockage from scar tissue? My last attempt to try to get an answer and relief is to have a laparoscopy. My question now is will that produce more scar tissue. What could have possibly caused my problem. When I had the sonohysteraphy, the moment the saline hit my uterus it was as though I was on fire. Anyone have a similar experience???

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: