http://www.bombobeach.com chat room times

Tue Jun 4 07:00:57 2002

Hello All!

Well with great thanks to Sally Gill from Port Macquarie in NSW Australia for spending so much time in fixing up the mess that my previous I.T. person had left my web site in. Without being asked, and in her own valuable time, as a wife and mother of three children, she has helped me to transform bombobeach.com into what I had originally planned.

The lynch pin of the site is the chat room, so often we come on line late at night and in pain and come to the board looking for help and comfort.....while leaving a message on the board is a good start to "venting" our frustrations and pain, the possible chance of talking to another sufferer in an interactive chat room, then we go further to add to our opportunities to help each other and sometimes, late at night, even I need the company of a friend, a fellow sufferer... and we don't necessarily always talk about pain...often we talk about our lives, our hobbies our homes etc.....

I hope we have the times right, but I have now worked out two separate permanent chat times, one each to suit the Australian members and one for the US & Canadian members. I hope that you will drop by sometime and visit with us, I know that through chatting on MSN & ICQ with other adhesions sufferers, I have made some great friends, and we have helped each other out of some painful days or nights or enjoyed the pleasure of a special occasion, or the grief of a family tragedy.....

Due to technical difficulties, we have re-launched the chat room, so you will need to pop over to http://www.bombobeach.com and there on the homepage is a link to the chat room, a picture of three women casually chatting and enjoying a cuppa .... just like I want you all to picture us doing...sitting by the sea, enjoying the sunshine and a fresh sea breeze. Chat room times are as follows:

*******Please note times are approx according to where you live, there is approx. 20mins difference

Australian chatters: Monday Nights from 7pm to 10pm Australian East. Standard Any early bird US or Canadians: Sunday Mornings from 4:40am to 6:40am American East. Standard

US & Canadian Chatters Wednesday Nights from 7pm to 10pm American East. Standard Australian Chatters Thursday’s from 10am to 10am Australian East. Standard

There is a way to "float" the chat room allowing you to explore the rest of the site the instructions can be found on the "Beach Club Chat" room page, once you are "floating, check out the "Note Pad" and leave a message under one of the headings, visit the How to Cope section, and perhaps befpre Thursday pur Poetry Page will be complete.

What I need while you are there is to join bombobeach via the Note Pad...in the top right hand corner in the yellow sandy beach part of your screen, you will see log in or register.... hit register & join our club! Then you will have access to an instant message service with other members.... It will also help me with my application for funding for the site from the government... so that I can produce a quarterly newsletter for Aussies.... As a member of bombobeach.com you will also get updates when new things or sections have been added to the site, by the way, don't be bashful, if you have an idea for a topic...or a new section even! I would LOVE to hear from you.... Share your story with us on bombo too...we even have a kid’s section that will eventually have interactive sections for kids with adhesions to write their stories in their own way.

Some of you might have noticed a little computer picture drawn in "paint box", it is a gift to me from little Zac in new Zealand.... :-) It is such a cute picture! (Thank you Zac, the picture cheered me up while I was in hospital) Can't wait to meet you all! huggles & huggles......

--
Love and gentle hugs,
Joanne Eslick
Founder Australian Adhesions Support Group
http://www.bombobeach.com
NSW Australian Co-ordinator of
International Adhesions Society
http://www.adhesions.org

--
I am not a medical person, and all my messages are based
on personal experience.  I am a fellow adhesions sufferer
reaching out to help others.