I can't believe I found this site!!

Thu Jul 25 20:48:06 2002

Hi everyone! I am so thankful that I found this website. I'm hoping I can finally get some relief from my pain. Here's my story. I had Gastric Bypass surgery and hiatal hernia repair on 4/5/02 and then gallbladder removal on 5/14/02. I've been suffering with low to mid back pain and lower abdominal pain for almost 3 months now. I'm taking 160 mg of dicyclomine a day, because my doctor thinks I'm having intestinal spasms. The medication helps somewhat, but when I'm more active or during meals the pain begins again. I'm also taking 2-3 Vicodin ES a day and have been for 2 1/2 months. The pain medication is not working like it once did, and of course I'm addicted to it now. My doctor's solution is to reduce my Vicodin so that I can eventually stop taking it. However, I'm still in pain!!!! Like so many others, I have had just about every test out there and everything keeps coming back normal. When I saw my OB/GYN the other day, she said that it could be adhesions, and is talking about doing a laparoscopy in 4 to 6 weeks. After several trips to my surgeon, PCP, and the emergency room, finally someone thinks it's adhesions. I've been saying it all along!!! I'm so frustrated, angry, tired and depressed and I just want to get my life back. I'm not finding a lot of support from the Gastric Bypass message boards, so I'm hoping I can find more information here. Thanks for listening!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: