NEW TO BOARD

Wed Aug 7 08:51:14 2002

My name is Dusti and I am a 27 year old female. I have had 4 abdominal surgeries (c-section, uterine repair, c-section, hysterectomy) since 1997 and with the last 3 I have had adhesions removed that were attaching my uterus, bladder and colon to some other part of my body. My last surgery was February 2000 when I had a hysterectomy and I still have both of my ovaries. In the last 6 months I have noticed some of the painful symptoms returning. I have been having bladder problems on and off since I had my hysterectomy but I have been able to handle that pain. The pain with intercourse had returned as well as abdominal cramping, bloating, constipation/diarrhea. I have been able to handle the bladder and intercourse pain but I am having a lot of trouble dealing with the abdominal problems. I found a new OBGYN in Oklahoma City and she put me on low dose birth control for hormonal reasons and said to take them for a month and see how I feel. My abdominal symptoms have worsened considerably so I contacted her and she is going to do a diagnostic laparoscopy on August 23. She said she would like to take a look and see what is going on.

I would appreciate any information that you all might have for me or any advice. How long does it take to recover from a laparoscopy? How should I expect to feel afterwards? Does anybody here have the same symptoms as me and if so how do you deal with them?

Thanks

--
Dusti

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: