Re: Missed you guys

Mon Aug 12 22:35:27 2002

Dear Robin,

Thank you for asking after me, I think I just replied to a private email you sent me either yesterday or today :-) If you read the message board on http://www.bombobeach.com you will learn about the latest "drama" and set back in my life. There is another personal issue which is the reason for my very sudden return home from hospital. I am not at liberty to share it with my friends here, needless to say it has hurt both Shane & I deeply and has been upsetting. All of these challenges that life throws at us seem to make the bond & love Shane & I share stronger, though I do admit there have been quite a few tears in our house over the last five days.

My wonderful surgeon understood my need to come home before my bowel problems were resolved and is closely monitoring me...he phones me every day or so to see how I am going. I feel that I have been treated by the best surgeons in the world.... I have NEVER experienced such compassion, caring and dedicated doctors. They have gone out on a limb, sought new drugs to help with my bowel and "popped in" on me in my hospital room several times a day or phones the nurses looking after me. Last week I was very ill and there were lots of hushed and serious discussions and meetings outside my room after morning rounds each day. If my bowel doesn't start working properly soon I will have to return to hospital for a bowel "wash-out" and I am NOT sure that I am ready for that!!

So keep me in your thoughts and prayers, while I feel fantastic and pain free from adhesions :-) I have had other issues to deal with. I am so excited about SprayGel and will work hard to get my surgery story page up on my website asap.... my surgeon has also agreed to write a paper about it too for addition to my story, we even have photo's of me the day after surgery with tubes etc every where! LOL I will get Shane to take a "now" photo too....so you can see the amazing change that has taken place in such a short space of time.

I thank you all most humbly for your care and concern for me, my hope, prayers and wishes now are for you all to share the light feeling of being pain free ;-)

It sounds to me like you have doctors prepared to go the extra mile for you too Robin....that is FANTASTIC news!! I will pray for you & hope that you soon find release from the pain and frustration of adhesions. Thank you Robin.....

Love & warm gentle hugs.....

At Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Robin wrote: >
>Sorry< I havent been on in a while. I have not been in the best of
>health.
>Doctors have finally listened and decided to send me to a surgeon, this
>very Thursday. After
>10 lbs and no eating, My primary care doc said that was enough. He just
>went to the top and bypassed all the other docs. Any way, how is our
>Aussie
>friend, Jo. I think of her often. I hope all is well with everyone and
>there is help out there. Just keep pushing the envelope.
>
>--
>Robin L
>

--
Love and gentle hugs,
Joanne Eslick
Founder Australian Adhesions Support Group
http://www.bombobeach.com
NSW Australian Co-ordinator of
International Adhesions Society
http://www.adhesions.org