Re: Addiction -- Dependence -- Tolerance

Thu Aug 22 02:56:01 2002

Bo, It's all very well to say that narcotic painkillers only mask the symptoms of adhesions.....BUT most of us have no other options! I, too, have a husband and two daughters to LIVE a family life with! With these drugs, the minimum possible, I can actually function. Would it be better for me to lie in bed with my family as my carers?....I think not! If your husband had had good pain management in the beginning, after his terrible accident, he might not have had problems with addiction. Read Helen Dynda's articles about the difference between addiction and dependance. Jane Davies

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Bo Wimmer To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 7:04 AM Subject: RE: Addiction -- Dependence -- Tolerance

Don't get me wrong. I understand everyone is different, I just want you to see the potential is their and maybe other choices might in place. I was out of work, I did lay in bed unable to perform simple tasks. I was on pain meds. All I am saying is look for other alternatives before you give your life to this type of medication. Their are so many NEW drugs you would be very suprised at how little they hurt you. Please don't take offense to me or my sayings, I am just telling you about my story and maybe opening up a few eyes.

Trying not to offend, just wanted to help...

Sorry

Bo -----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Naildoc84@aol.com Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 4:54 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Addiction -- Dependence -- Tolerance

Wow, You know,, I don't know You but,,, You don't know us... As for me personally,,, I have no other options... Surgery is out, it could kill me. Chronic pain is what remains. Shouldn't i have the option to raise my kids with help of medication,,, or stay in bed with a heating pad, and crying because I didn't take a pill to help me have the stamina to face the day to get on top of the pain. It may do as you say,,"mask " the adhesion pain,, but When there is no option,, I choose to be able to at least have the day if possible, to raise my kids. I understand you have been under some very strained circumstances,, I have had pain since 1988,,, i am a 36 yr. old woman, happily married, with 4 teenagers. I take painkillers to help me with my adhesion pain,, Not to mask my life. But because of it,, I can function thru every day tasks, Without it my jkids would be my nurse, my hub my caregiver, and i would be a! ble to give nothing back. Don't make these people who have so little options feel like addicts because of your experiences. We all just want to be pain free. Sorry for your bad times,, and I'll pray for you. Kris Ann

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: