Still looking to hear about you after Germany/Australia

Tue Aug 27 07:03:22 2002

I am so scared. Going to a new doc on Thurs. here in Boston. had a horrible experiance that finally broke the straw on this camels back. The hospital I have gone to for the past 15 years. Sent me out into the streets of Boston @ 4:30am after they said they would admit me @ 3:30. 14 hours in the ER and I got 2 shots of morphine and a palvic exam. @ 3:30 they did an U/S and decided it was from a leaking endometrioma ( I had been in the ER the week before for that). They told my ride to go hame @ 3:30. I live 45 mile from said Hospital. I now know that I had a partial bowel blockage. After the U/S they decided to forgo the CT scan. I had no money ( I had taken an $89 cab ride the time before) so I walked, vomitting and crying the whole way to a relatives house about a mile away. He found me vommiting in his garden about 5:30 am. Thru enemas and laxitives, not eatting and drinking plenty of fluids the obstruction finally passed two days later. I called the hospital the next day and pretty much flipped out about this. Now My PCP won't return my calls. ( An honest, good doc that I trusted for years) I just call his office to refill my meds. I am rapidly loosing my bowl and bladder function. Feels like I'm birthing a baby for most movements. I Had a TAH ( as their difinitive cure for my stage 4 endo)last year when they found the adhesions. They left in the left ovary. I am bed ridden alot but have good days sometimes. Thats when I try to make up for lost time. I have lurked on this board for just about a year now. Bless you all, you have no idea how much you have helped me keep my sanity. Had another blow this week. Was denied SSI disability. After sending me to a shrink. They decided that while I could not do the work I was trained for that I could still stand and therefore could work some other type of job. Well, besides writing a best selling novel I am not sure what I can do to make $$ from bed. I am sorry I am ranting but all this pain and suffering from you wonderful folks on the board...it is just outrageous! I know I need surgery if I am going to stand any chance of a kinda normal life. I don't have the enegry to fight SSI right now. I am a single mom and broke and Family and friends do question my illness. You know the funny look. I fear going to the new doc cuz I don't want another course of Lupron or whatever drug they pedal now. ( treated years ago with lupron after my first lap). I don't want to be sent to a pain clinic. They want to install a neuro stimulator in my back. So I have only had 2 surgeries to date. I want a surgical treatment that adress these potentially life threating problems. I called Atlanta and they don't take medicaide, they would like approx $30,000 please.!!!!! Shame on the United States of America! The health care system in place makes these type of surgeries unprofitable. Fear of malpractice bring on what I believe are all the excuses we hear all the time. I cannot believe our cries go unheeded. I will hit the next person who thinks it's all in my head. Back to my original point. I really need to know how all who went to Dr. Korell or to Australia are doing. As far as cost effectivness, it seems doable I am sure I could mooch the money somehow. I am building up my hopes to try to seek relief there. I still have hope. You see to complicate matters my daughter was born with Polycystic kidney disease and will need a kidey in a few short years. Her doc ( a wonderfull man from Australia Jo!) says I am her best bet for a macth. I NEED to get better. I pray for all who suffer and again you have helped to educate me and let me know I am not crazy. My love and prayers to you all. Dawn

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: