Re: Pain Medication

Wed Aug 28 05:31:04 2002

Hi Christine,

I am sorry that you are struggling at work and I understand how you feel. Firstly I want to applaud you for sticking it out at work, THAT isn't easy. I have the good fortune to work from home, so I can rest whenever need to.

As for the medication, it's a good idea to keep that kind of thing fairly quiet (in my personal opinion) BUT letting your boss know IS very important and you did the right thing.

The reason we have such a struggle with the community at large is the lack of understanding and basic awareness of our illness that puts us under so much pressure...

So, there is something you can do to help change public perception... Invisible Disabilities week is from September 23rd until 29th September and I have asked everyone to contact his or her local media radio, television and newspapers etc.....

I hope that one-day people with "invisible disabilities" like us won't have cause to worry about our "invisible troubles".

I also have a website for adhesions sufferers too, on there is a section called "How to Cope". There you will find what I like to call "Diversional Therapies" and there are many ideas that you can use to help you cope with your pain in a variety of ways. Some are useful at home, while others can be used when out in public, at work, or out with friends. The "Controlled Breathing" one is the best way to cope at work ;-)

There are stories from other adhesions sufferers, a poetry section, both of which you are welcome to contribute to and a regular chat on Wednesday nights from 8pm to 10pm USA Eastern Standard Time.

Keep us posted on how you go, the most important thing here at the IAS & bombobeach.com is that we care for each other, love, support and we are good at being a "cyber shoulder to lean on", so don't hesitate to leave us another message.

Love & gentle warm hugs, Jo

--
Love and gentle hugs,
Joanne Eslick
Founder Australian Adhesions Support Group
http://www.bombobeach.com
NSW Australian Co-ordinator of
International Adhesions Society
http://www.adhesions.org

--
I am not a medical person, and all my messages are based
on personal experience.  I am a fellow adhesions sufferer