Pain Medication

Tue Aug 27 08:48:59 2002

Good Morning Everyone, I have not wrote in a long time, but I read the board daily. Here is alittle about myself. I have had a hyst. and both ovaries and 2 more surgeries for ovarian remnant, and I still have ovarian remnant.I not sure if anyone will understand me but if anyone can it will be you.Yesterday I called my doctor about refilling my pain medication (morphine 60mg)and last night she finally called me back and gave me the refill without any problems and gave me something for the break though pain. After getting off the phone I got really upset over the pain medication, I feel ashame that I need these pill to help me with my daily life. I stopped them for a week before and had no problems with withdraws(that good). but the pain was horrible, I have been on morphine for about 1 1/2 years. I have fought for almost 3 years for pain control and that is why I tried surgery. I had my last surgery May8,2001, and after that surgery my bowels would not wake up and was on a liquid diet for alittle over a month. I have been working for almost a year now, and life has become alot less painful with the medication, but I still feel like I am a druggie, whenever I go the hospital for something thay always ask about my medication and when they hear morphine the doctors always tell me how the medcation is not good for me and how I need to find a different way of dealing with the pain. My friends are understanding to how I feel but they do not understand what life is like without the medication. I have problems with sleep because the pain is so bad I can not walk up my stairs at homeI can not stand or sit to long. I have been working a year now and I finally felt like I was a normal person but for some reason I just do not seem to be able to say I am on pain medication to anyone, but I told my boss about the problems I have and the medication I am on and she has been really good. I know in my heart that there is nothing to be embrassed about, but why do I feel like I have to hide the fact that I take this medication. Thanks for listening to me, ans sorry this message is alittle long.

christine

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: