Re: Unnessary Surgeries & Chronic Pain & Scar Tissue

Thu Aug 29 17:11:19 2002

Welcome! Your pain is more than likely caused from adhesions. From my own personal experience Drs. do NOT want to admit they cause chronic & debilitating pain. Please refer to Helen & Jo's messages in the archives, they seem to know more than most of us on here. We are here to share our own experiences & hopefully they will offer comfort to you. Vent all you want to, it helps, it really does. Don't give up! Take Care, Rita in AZ --- MeGaaA <mega10@roges.com> wrote: > I am 41 years young, at least I use to feel that > way. But with God's > help & the right tools I will again. I live in > Ontario, Canada. > Since 1992 till 2000 I have had about 17 surgeries. > Over 3/4's of them > were unnessary. For many years now I have been > existing in a nightmare > of chronic pain, caused by all these surgeries. My > doctors "THINK" that > one of the reasons I have chronic pain is due to > scar tissue & > adhesions. I have been poked & prodded, humiliated > & have very little > self worth or self-esteem. I've had more tests then > you can possibly > imagine. Most of these tests have left me feeling > vulnerable, naked, > degraded & humiliated. I've had surgeries that > starts with Tubal > Occlusion, to Tubal Reversal, Laparoscopys, > Laparatomys, ectopic > pregnancies, hysterectomy (which I still have my > right ovary and tube > left). I recently found out that I not only didn't > need to go through > these unnessary surgeries, but that my hysterectomy > could have been > avoided altogether. The anesthetic alone is very > harmful. All of these > procedures have left me with emotional, mental & > physical scars. I have > 2 beautiful boys & I thank God for that. But now I > cannot have anymore > children, & I feel the doctors took away that choice > from me. Especially > when I did not want the hysterectomy to begin with, > and I had to make up > my mind there and then. The reason they gave me to > have a hysterectomy > was that it would take away my chronic pain, which > it did not do, but it > did add to the already chronic pain. I am on a > prescribed narcotic > which is also causing me alot of problems. I have > tried to get off of > them but it really does a number on my chronic pain > & I go through > horrible withdrawl symptoms. Not only am I > suffering, but so have my > two sons & husband & my family. It is very hard for > me to see my family > see me this way. I use to be a happy go lucky, > go-getter type women. I > now feel like a hollow, I wanted to say women, but > that is something I > don't feel like. I am in the process of going into > a treatment centre & > taking care of other legal matters. My story could > go on & on, but by > the time I was finished you'd feel like half your > life had gone by. I > do feel scared, alone, confused, and have some anger > issues to deal with > because of the doctors & other issues. > I would welcome and greatly appreciate anyone's > feedback and help on > this matter. > Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope > and pray that we all > get the help and answers we need. > " HERE IS TO LIVING A LIFE." > > Hope to hear from you soon. > Bye for now, > MeGaaA > mega10@rogers.com > > -- > MeGaaA > > To remove yourself from the adhesions@adhesions.org > mailing list please go > to the unsubscribe form at > http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

Yahoo! Finance - Get real-time stock quotes http://finance.yahoo.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: