Re: Went To Another Doc Tuesday..

Fri Aug 30 16:37:33 2002

Bobbi,

I am sooo sorry you have gone thru all of this. I got tears in my eyes reading everything you wrote here. I am at a loss for words really. Please just know that you are not alone and that we all know what you are going thru.

I too kept going to an ER that said I was making the pain up, or that yes I needed surgery but they would not do it.

I live in California, so I had the option to go to another hospitals ER. This one at least acknowledges my pain, and gives me the pain meds needed. Never once have I gotten from them, you are making this up. Even though I have to travel 30 min to get to it, and the wait to see a doctor is anywhere from 3 hours, to like this past Tuesday 14 hours to see one.

Warm Painfree Hugggz Bobbi, If you ever need to rant, or just talk, you can also email me personally if you like.lori@theargo.com I know something that has helped me tremendously is just knowing that I am not alone and I have someone to talk to about this that knows exactly what I am going thru

--
Lori

At Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Sugarbear110263@aol.com wrote: > >Lynn, > Thanks for being so caring. I am very limited to Doctors in this area. >I have been to the ER so many times it ain't funny and as soon as I mention >the word Adhesions they look at me like I'm crazy. I ended up at the ER last >July about 2 weeks before they did surgery on me for the removal of >adhesions, I was dehydrated, running a fever, and a elevated blood count, the >ER Doc called in a Surgeon she came in and ckecked me out and then told me >that she was sure that I needed Surgery but that she wouldn't touch me with a >10 foot pole because she wasn't in the business of cleaning up other people's >messes and just left me. I had one Surgeon who took out my Gallbladder and >my appendix plus 13 surgeries for the adhesions. I had complications >everytime he operated on me, from abcesses to staph infection you name it I >had it. I went to the only other Surgeon in this area that would even talk >to me and he did Surgery on me the 29th of April and I was in Surgery for 5 >1/2 hours and Intensive Care for 5 days and then 17 days later he operated on >me again this time it was almost 7 hours and I was in Intensive Care for 7 >days. I spent a total of 38 days in the hospital and they removed 111 inches >of my intestine. I was on 4 kinds of antibiotics everyday that I was in the >Hospital and I have been on them everyday since I came home on June 4. I was >having anywhere from 25-30 Bowel movements a day and then on Sunday Night I >started having problems going to the bathroom and I have had blood in my >stools ever since surgery. I went to see a Doctor in another town on Tuesday >and he thinks that I have an obstruction and wanted me to come and see the >Surgeon that operated on me last but he won't see me anymore because I lost >my Insurance Coverage. So I feel like I'm sitting on a time bomb waiting to >eplode. The Surgeon told us if he had to open me up again it could kill me >and I also know that an obstruction could kill me too, so I have no idea what >to do or which way to turn. Sorry to be so long winded it's just that I am >so terrified I don't know what to do. Thanks for listening. Love, Bobbi

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: