Re: Need answers on side effects of Lupron

Sat Sep 14 22:09:48 2002

Brenda, Hi, I know that everyone responds to medication differently, but I have heard very little good about Lupron, and my personal experience was horrible!!!! Almost immediately I was in horrible pain and when I called my doctor to tell him they acted like I was just crazy, I just kept going in to see him and complaining and it also puts you into chemical menopause so you have to deal with all of that too. I was having hot flashes within the first few days after the injection, and when I went in to see the doctor complaining of the pain he said "well let me just examine you" and then he left the room while I undressed and I was having awful hot flashes right there in his office so I was so humilated because I was just sweating so bad the sweat was pouring down my legs, back, face and chest, well when he came back in I told him "see look at how bad just the hot flashes are!!!!" And you will not believe what he said!!! "Dear I don't think you are having hot flashes you are only nervous because I am fixing to examine you"!!!!! WHAT NERVE!!!! Grant it I will never get entirely use to having pelvic exams, but I have had three children and countless surgeries and the last thing I am going to do before the exam is break out into horrible sweats!!!!! The doctor and the nurse treated me like I was this insane person that had just escaped the looney bin, I was so glad to just get out of there. The lupron did make me feel like I was losing my mind most of the time, I was very emotional and at times felt like ending it all, the bad thing is when I put my foot down and said NO MORE SHOTS it took a while before it was all out of my system!!!!! I can tell you this if these male doctors had to take Lupron it would be taken off the market.When I look back now on those Lupron months I just remember feeling like I was having this terrible nightmare and couldn't wake up!!! If you are already having feelings of depression I would strongly advise against it. But if you do decide to try this treatment at least take some type of anti depressant also. I don't know exactly what the long term possible side effects are but I have heard there are some I think it is some possible renal damage, but don't take my word for that, just do lots of research, you know how your body reacts to things more than any doctor so as with anything educate yourself. I used to have such blind faith in doctors but these last few years have taught me not to rely to heavily on them. And like you said in your email, your doctor may get mad, but hey it's not his body and he isn't the one that is going to have to deal with numerous side-effects, and more than likely if you do go through with it and have problems he won't be there for you to help you through it. I know I rambled on and on here I hope some of what I said makes sense and helps you. Have a good night. LOTS OF HUGS, SHAWNNA L

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: